Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Was the glass break intentional? (EDIT: No it wasn't)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whether it was intentional or not, tons of regular news outlets are reporting the Tesla Cybertruck coz of the glass demo fail. Believe it or not, there are still tons of people out there who have NEVER heard of Tesla. So this fail is a free commercial for Tesla actually.

Reactions: destructure00
+1
No way it was intentional and as a fan, it was painful to watch. For whatever reason it failed...weather, microfractures, not actually toughglass...it should not have been demoed without confirming it could be done with a ball of larger size first. Safety factor.

It reminded me of Samsung software gimmicks. The sledgehammer swing was clearly babied compared to the F-150 door. Don't demo it if you can't showcase it truly.

The Google Soli demo's were less cringy, even though we all know it was under completely controlled conditions. At least it didn't break during the presentation.
I have a book on Steve Jobs. That guy would go nuts on the run-up to a live product intro. The stress felt by the engineers was immense. Cold sweat during the intro, hoping crap wouldn't happen.

I have a book on Steve Jobs. That guy would go nuts on the run-up to a live product intro. The stress felt by the engineers was immense. Cold sweat during the intro, hoping crap wouldn't happen.

I really wish that guy had just sucked it up accepted modern medicine. I miss Mr. Jobs. His obsession with quality was inspiring and it's kinda crazy that other companies haven't figured out that quality sells, not yearly release schedules.

The protruding headlights on my Model 3 that are "within spec" are frustrating. I bring it up to everyone that asks about my car, but also note that things have improved since 2018.

Edit: I firmly believe that American companies need to start overbuilding again. The 1UP bike rack is a perfect example of what needs to start happening in America.

Reactions: MichaelP90DL
lol @ the mods editting the original title as if they knew for 100% certainty/were Elon himself.

Obviously, I don't know for 100% certainty, but here are my thoughts:

*Tin foil hat on*

If it was intentional, do you think any of the Tesla reps would say it's intentional?

They had a convenient video ready showing it works.

It didn't provide any safety concerns to actual vehicles on the road.

This is no worse than any other car glass (not going to extremes) for the average consumer.

So many news outlets are showing the truck/glass break because it's sensational, but may provide a source to those who may not have seen the truck reveal.

They have plenty of time to "fix" the problem before production.

*Tin foil hat off*