Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WA State EV Sales Tax Exemption Updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just checked the spreadsheet again and I saw at least one (non-WA!) delivery scheduled for May 25th, and another one for June 1st! The June 1st one is questionable since it does not have a VIN, but the May 25th one is legit.

I am starting to get worried :)

Were you guys expecting that 100% of the Model 3s in May would be delivered to WA? That seems unreasonable.

100% would be unreasonable.

But, some level of prioritization? It's happened before.

Back in 2015 the 100% sales tax exemption was ending, and that pushed me to order. I got mine with plenty of buffer to spare, but I do remember Tesla made WA deliveries a priority.

This time around I didn't take any chances on it, and chose to defer. Where I'm trying to decide if I'll trade in my Model S (which is worth almost as much as the 3), and thereby remove the need for the tax exemption. Or if I'll simply sell it privately once the AWD version is ready for me to order.

Reactions: zmarty and UZJedi
especially since Canadian non-owner reservations from MID JUNE 2016 have been invited, and my WA first 24 hour reservation (overnight 3/31-4/1) is still waiting to be invited... :(

ETA: june...
Wow that is crazy.

Although I think it does make sense to prioritize Canada after WA to keep the federal incentives going one more quarter. Ideally it would be all WA orders getting filled prior to end of May and all Canadian orders getting filled prior to end of June.

Wow that is crazy.

Although I think it does make sense to prioritize Canada after WA to keep the federal incentives going one more quarter. Ideally it would be all WA orders getting filled prior to end of May and all Canadian orders getting filled prior to end of June.
I bet a lot of people would be willing to pick up their car in Portland if Bellevue can't handle the load.

Reactions: zmarty
Beware of switching from Aero to Sport. The pendulum is swinging the other way. Check out the wheels on latest VIN assignments:

xHnUdaX.png