Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Virginia DOT (VDOT) Releases Phase 1-A Charger Station Plan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VDOT has released their plan (1-A stage) rewards for spending money on EV charging infrastructure. Sadly for those of us in SW Richmond (Chesterfield) there are no plans for chargers along 288 and the entire Richmond to Afton Mountain corridor of I-64 gets nothing in this phase. Looks like the Short Pump area may get some love though.

Hope those EA stations in Zion Crossroads hold up!

Phase 1-B does have more focus on that I-64 corridor but still 288 SW of Richmond is left out in the cold.

Thoughts?

Link to the "Virginia Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Deployment" plan: Virginia Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Deployment - PublicInput

tzaqyarcntvhlzyhsi7f_1000_1000.JPG

Sadly for those of us in SW Richmond (Chesterfield) there are no plans for chargers along 288 and the entire Richmond to Afton Mountain corridor of I-64 gets nothing in this phase. Looks like the Short Pump area may get some love though.

Hope those EA stations in Zion Crossroads hold up!

Phase 1-B does have more focus on that I-64 corridor but still 288 SW of Richmond is left out in the cold.

Thoughts?

It should be no surprise to you that nothing is planned for 288, as it isn't an AFC approved by the FHWA to use NEVI funds along. As far as that section of I-64 it looks like it already has a NEVI compliant station right in the middle of that section, so again since NEVI funded chargers are supposed to be ~50 miles from the next closest one on that route it isn't surprising that they aren't starting there.

1713292452448.png

Virginia even had to ask to get 15, 17, 23, and 460 included to be able to use NEVI funds along them.