Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Very Impressed w/Raven Performance +L

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

boonedocks

MS LR Blk/Blk 19”
May 1, 2015
Gainesville GA
Took our first trip in our Model S / Raven Performance.

Averaged 246kWh per/mile on a 226 mile trip. Left with 98% charge and left overnight with sentry mode on, used a few kWh while sitting, and arrived home with 33%.

The same trip in our S100D NON-P never netted less than 310kwh per mile.

The new Ravens are most impressive especially the P+L versions!

The suspension.....UNBELIEVABLE is all I can say. I would even say it’s as comfortable and aggressive and calming as my all time favorite comfort car, my BMW AH7.

Between the suspension and the HW3 FSD it is like my last 2 model S’ (S85D/AP1 & S100D/AP2) were tester cars. The best trip we have ever taken....in a Tesla....SOOOO glad we opted to move up to the Raven

That’s great to hear!
Have you noticed any build quality changes compared to the 100D?

I’m currently into the first month of my lease extension, I’m waiting to see what the refreshes model s will be like but at the same time the Raven is already exactly what I want. The only thing I’m worried about is build quality, my 2015 feels so cheap, the wind noise is unbearable at times, you have to shout for people in the back to hear you.
Going over rough roads makes the car feel like it’s going to fall apart.
I love the solid feel of my bmw, it feels like a tank. The doors are heavy and have that nice thump when closing. The ride over rough roads although stiff due to suspension modifications is way better than the Tesla. Every day I wish tesla would poach a few bmw workers to come over and show them the ways.

That’s great to hear!
Have you noticed any build quality changes compared to the 100D?

I’m currently into the first month of my lease extension, I’m waiting to see what the refreshes model s will be like but at the same time the Raven is already exactly what I want. The only thing I’m worried about is build quality, my 2015 feels so cheap, the wind noise is unbearable at times, you have to shout for people in the back to hear you.
Going over rough roads makes the car feel like it’s going to fall apart.
I love the solid feel of my bmw, it feels like a tank. The doors are heavy and have that nice thump when closing. The ride over rough roads although stiff due to suspension modifications is way better than the Tesla. Every day I wish tesla would poach a few bmw workers to come over and show them the ways.
I would say the build quality is markedly better than my 2017 S100D.....by a pretty big margin. The seats even feel more comfortable and I believe the only difference should be Vegan/Leather but definitely feel better

Quiet and smooth are an understatement. It literally glides down the road now with no jarring or teeth loosening bumps any more.

Last edited:
How's the hw3? Any noticeable differences?
Comparing it to my HW2.0 it is light years better.

HW2.0 4-5x better
HW2.5 2-3X better
Much smoother stopping and starting and seems to handle changing lanes, handle incoming traffic, leaving / exiting traffic, much more like you would if you were driving.

By far the most relaxing trip we have ever taken

I would say the build quality is markedly better than my 2017 S100D.....by a pretty big margin. The seats even feel more comfortable and I believe the only difference should be Vegan/Leather but definitely feel better

Quiet and smooth are an understatement. It literally glides down the road now with no jarring or teeth loosening bumps any more.
That’s great to hear!

Reactions: David29
Averaged 246kWh per/mile on a 226 mile trip. Left with 98% charge and left overnight with sentry mode on, used a few kWh while sitting, and arrived home with 33%.

246 kWh for 226 miles is quite impressive. Almost unbelievable. Are you sure the trip was not downhill both ways? Would you happen to know your average speed or the EPA rating for the P100D Raven?

• Funny
Reactions: Sather and ICUDoc
246 kWh for 226 miles is quite impressive. Almost unbelievable. Are you sure the trip was not downhill both ways? Would you happen to know your average speed or the EPA rating for the P100D Raven?

According to Tesla the Model S Performance with 19”’wheels is 345 miles.

Oakwood GA to Cherokee NC
E3EB73FF-97D9-4347-AC49-A75EF9952B54.png

At what speed? I routinely get 240-250 in warm months on the back roads driving at 60MPH (the fastest FSD will allow on a 2 lane road).

Reactions: croman

The new Ravens are most impressive especially the P+L versions!

The suspension.....UNBELIEVABLE is all I can say. I would even say it’s as comfortable and aggressive and calming as my all time favorite comfort car, my BMW AH7.

Between the suspension and the HW3 FSD it is like my last 2 model S’ (S85D/AP1 & S100D/AP2) were tester cars. The best trip we have ever taken....in a Tesla....SOOOO glad we opted to move up to the Raven
That the Raven LR can be had for as little as $85k++- is absolutely amazing. So amazing that it doesn't even make sense to me! Not to mention delivery in June (according to the ordering website).

Reactions: Brando