Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Version 7 Dash Display Short Video

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Too much wasted space! Now you have to use a widget to get your ODO reading, and another widget to see the time (full face clock) where before you could get both by looking at the bottom of the speedo. This is a step backwards, if you ask me. There is so much wasted space around that car on the bottom, and that's probably where Tesla is going to bring the Autopilot stuff into play. For those of us without Autopilot, that area is completely useless.

I definitely like the decluttered "flat" look, and think it will improve performance (especially on the MCU), but dislike the removal of information, such as the temp on the IC. I don't want the analog clock at all, I hate them, especially w/o numbers! The little Model S icon should be selectable, It might be nice to see when the brake lights are on, but otherwise it's a lot of graphic noise.

I suspect this is why it's in EA/Beta. We'll probably get more refinements before general release. If everyone was getting this release, we'd have more reports by now. I can find only one.