Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vanity Plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure why, but I have had my personalized plates for 30 years, and I am not expected to pay an annual fee. However, I am the exception, not the rule. It still cost me around $220 to remanufacture them for Red Devil. Seriously, for two bits of aluminium? Even painted aluminium!!
My Personalised plates on my Bike and my 928 cost me $170 once off, however a few years ago the RTA/RMS gave the authority to a private company and any new plates require the annual fee. I found out when I went to get some plates for my wife as a present. I objected and asked for details of the tender process and what percentage comes back to the taxpayer. I was told that I'd need to pay for an FOI to get the information - it's as dodgy as a NSW coal Licence, a cafe lease in circular quay, or a free bottle of Grange matching your DOB.

My old plates are ME-928, great on a 928 but not so catchy on a MS, hence why I sprung for the ME-85-MS plates and the subsequent $99 ripoff. We have an election coming up, I can feel some communication with my local MP in the not too distant future.

I just got 85 KWH for QLD. Anyone interested in Q EV 01 Y?

Screen Shot 2015-01-09 at 10.41.43 am.png

What size plates to folks have for Front and back? Are both slimline or is one "standard" and one slimline?

Last edited: