Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB Music Playback

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone gotten USB music to work? I have a folder of FLAC files that works fine on my Model S. I tried adding them to the USB stick in the glove drawer and nothing showed up. Then I tried them with a USB-C stick in the console formatted using exFAT and still nothing. Also tried the USB-C stick formatted as FAT32 and that didn't work either. Nothing I've tried makes USB show up as a music source.

Which vehicle are you trying to get working. The MY which I own does not support any data transfer from the centre console so I would think thats the same as the M3. Dont know about Cybertruck. Use the USBC in the glovebox and it should work - mine does including replacement horn sound and video recording from cameras.

• Helpful
Reactions: MitchMitch
I'm doing this on a Cybertruck. The port in the glove drawer is USB-A and I was able to get it working by partitioning the stick that came with the truck into 2 partitions. One for TeslaCam with the TeslaCam folder in it, and the other with the Music folder in it. They wouldn't work with both on the same partition.

Another option is to use a USB hub, so you connect two drives. One for the dashcam with the folder "TeslaCam" and the other for your music. Because of the continuous video writing, the dashcam drive may only last 1-2 years depending on the drive quality and write frequency. The music drive should last the life of the car as nothing is being written to it within the car.

I also prefer to use SC Cards (with an adapter) rather than the typical stick drives. SD cards with high endurance are available specifically for dashcams and will last longer.