Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USA tax credit to affect Canada prices

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HI,

I have a M3RWD EDD Nov-Dec and was wondering if I should postpone it til 2023(if possible) or reorder again to get it after Jan 2023.

I've been hearing that the US may potentially have their M3LR price reduced to under 55k to be eligible for the tax credit which will cause the price to be 47.5k after tax credit. That is about the same price as their RWD is currently so I expect Tesla to drop the RWD price as well. I was thinking if the price drop does happen, will Canada have a price change as well?

Debating on whether to wait it out or not. Hoping it will drop 5k so we will be eligible for the FED tax incentive. Haven't seen anyone talk about this so I am wonder what other poeples opinions are on this.

HI,

I have a M3RWD EDD Nov-Dec and was wondering if I should postpone it til 2023(if possible) or reorder again to get it after Jan 2023.

I've been hearing that the US may potentially have their M3LR price reduced to under 55k to be eligible for the tax credit which will cause the price to be 47.5k after tax credit. That is about the same price as their RWD is currently so I expect Tesla to drop the RWD price as well. I was thinking if the price drop does happen, will Canada have a price change as well?

Debating on whether to wait it out or not. Hoping it will drop 5k so we will be eligible for the FED tax incentive. Haven't seen anyone talk about this so I am wonder what other poeples opinions are on this.
Which province?

In BC if you buy a used EV, they'll waive the PST (12%!), which may make a near new M3 RWD a much better deal than a new one.

HI,

I think that increasing worldwide production will be the biggest factor in any price drops as backlog reduces. Tesla knows the difference between US and Canadian regs, and they’ll maintain prices in Canada as long as the demand will support them. It’s not cheap or easy to transfer new cars between the US and Canada, so i don’t think US price changes meant to deal with US incentives will have any bearing on the Canadian prices. I wouldn’t hold my breath for Tesla to put money back in your pocket, unless it’s gas savings. 😁

Besides, if this is your first Tesla, just get it and enjoy it. The sooner, the better!

Reactions: Irestricted
I just started to see inventory build of model y here in AB. At 6.55% rates at time of writing and a car that costs 85 to 90k, you're pricing more people out. I think it's plausible for price drops as we've seen on China

I just started to see inventory build of model y here in AB. At 6.55% rates at time of writing and a car that costs 85 to 90k, you're pricing more people out. I think it's plausible for price drops as we've seen on China
Yeah, In ON our new inventory has about 13 M3P and about 40-50 MYLR/MYP. So I feel like a lot of Canadians are waiting for a price drop as well.. Especially now that the MYSR will be coming in 2023.

Prices will decrease for multiple reasons:
  1. Affordability
  2. Increase Rates
  3. Demand
  4. Inflation reduction Act
  5. New Competition
The Used market will be the first to drastically decrease prices. Already seeing this occur on Trader.ca. Also please check the following site for insight into stock levels and pricing:

Stop Waiting For Tesla - Get Free & Fast Inventory Alerts

You'll see that in the US prices are already dropping and will soon also occur in Canada.

Prices will decrease for multiple reasons:
  1. Affordability
  2. Increase Rates
  3. Demand
  4. Inflation reduction Act
  5. New Competition
The Used market will be the first to drastically decrease prices. Already seeing this occur on Trader.ca. Also please check the following site for insight into stock levels and pricing:

Stop Waiting For Tesla - Get Free & Fast Inventory Alerts

You'll see that in the US prices are already dropping and will soon also occur in Canada.

Agreed. I anticipate demand to contract into 1H'23. Also, some folks may be holding off for the 4680, single cast rear end and a complete vision solution for the ultrasonic sensors...

Maybe, just maybe we may be in a position where they offer adjusted pricing aka discounts off sticker. They did back in 2019, just had to ask!

Reactions: 2022S-LR