Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to install Software Update AND Tesla app connectivity issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello again guys.
I have been trying to install a software update and am unable able to connect to my WiFi network (see attachments Display and Displays 1).
I was going to post this note yesterday but got weelayed and when I opened my phone app a few minutes ago, while I was in my apartment, I saw a circle going around and around, for at least 5 minutes, on my Tesla phone app (see attachment "Phone and app").
So I have 2 questions that I would appreciate your help with
- why/what is going on with my phone that is not allowing me to connect?
- and why am I unable to install the software update that has my correct WiFi network but also WPA/WPA Personal?
and when I put in my password, I am advised that the Password is Incorrect?
Thank you for your help
Bob

Attachments

• Display2.jpg
    Display2.jpg
    488.2 KB · Views: 154
  • Display.jpg
    Display.jpg
    340.2 KB · Views: 82
  • Phone.jpg
    Phone.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 78
  • Display2.jpg
    Display2.jpg
    488.2 KB · Views: 73
  • Display.jpg
    Display.jpg
    340.2 KB · Views: 75
  • apps.jpg
    apps.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 76
You might want to try removing the app from your phone and reinstalling it. For the car, 'Forget' the Wifi network you were using and re-add it. I've had to do the latter a couple of times in the 2 years I've had the car.

Hi again.
I uninstalled and then reinstalled the Phone app but still see the software update on my phone.
I clicked on the down arrow under Software Update and nothing happened (using my phone app).
I did the same thing in my vehicle and again, nothing happened.
FYI, I have a very weak connection at my parking spot which is on the 2nd level and usually am unable to connect to WiFi from there so I brought it up the entrance level and still wouldn't connect.
The update says "Release Notes" so it's more of a nuisance than a issue but if it was a important software update , I would not be so cavalier about it.
Your thoughts/suggestions/ideas,..... would be greatly appreciated
Bob

Hi again.
I uninstalled and then reinstalled the Phone app but still see the software update on my phone.
I clicked on the down arrow under Software Update and nothing happened (using my phone app).
I did the same thing in my vehicle and again, nothing happened.
FYI, I have a very weak connection at my parking spot which is on the 2nd level and usually am unable to connect to WiFi from there so I brought it up the entrance level and still wouldn't connect.
The update says "Release Notes" so it's more of a nuisance than a issue but if it was a important software update , I would not be so cavalier about it.
Your thoughts/suggestions/ideas,..... would be greatly appreciated
Bob
Can you go somewhere to get a good Wi-Fi connection? Starbucks or library? Or do you have a hotspot on your phone?

Reactions: E90alex
Hi guys, sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
I was able to find a sweet-spot to connect to Wi-Fi and am still unable to install the "Release Notes" updates.
The install button wasn't available on my vehicle but it was available on my phone app, so I clicked install and it moved right along until it got to 50% and then stopped for 8 minutes at 50% so I am not sure what happened and if this update is worth pursuing further?
My concern is that I may not be able to install an "important" update (release) when it become available.
I believe that my last sofware update was April 6th which seems like a LONG TIME between updates.
Thanks guys and I apologize again for the delayed update.
Bob