Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Price cuts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeh, that's what I thought, but doesn't seem to make sense if there is a glut of cars just now.
Well without dealers/similar Tesla stock remains owned by Tesla until actually delivered to end user and there’s no reasonable workaround to it.

I simply think there’s more supply coming through from the GF’s and so there’s more stock than usual around. Prices and incentives will fluctuate to shift stock, as it always does when there’s enough supply to meet/exceed demand.

There will also be a lot of bleating about resale values continuing to freefall, I expect.

Yeh, that's what I thought, but doesn't seem to make sense if there is a glut of cars just now.
I don't know where this "glut" is! The current inventory is mainly in transit in ships not sitting on dealers forecourts and yards as with traditional OEM's.

If Tesla told me my car on order was ready next month, I would probably be pushing back to September too. HW4/TV not yet ready to replace USS/ further price cuts to name a few reasons.

I don't know where this "glut" is! The current inventory is mainly in transit in ships not sitting on dealers forecourts and yards as with traditional OEM's.

If Tesla told me my car on order was ready next month, I would probably be pushing back to September too. HW4/TV not yet ready to replace USS/ further price cuts to name a few reasons.
People in this thread have seen 'literally' hundreds of cars in a SC and others are speculating there will be a price cut. And as above it was Tesla offering to delay delivery rather than the customer requesting it.

Doesn't seem to make sense.

Well without dealers/similar Tesla stock remains owned by Tesla until actually delivered to end user and there’s no reasonable workaround to it.

I simply think there’s more supply coming through from the GF’s and so there’s more stock than usual around. Prices and incentives will fluctuate to shift stock, as it always does when there’s enough supply to meet/exceed demand.

There will also be a lot of bleating about resale values continuing to freefall, I expect.
So why would Tesla compound this by offering to delay someone's delivery until September. Seems strange all round.

So why would Tesla compound this by offering to delay someone's delivery until September. Seems strange all round.
Often because people aren’t ready to be matched to cars until a particular approximate time (finance, company bonus, etc)

Tesla used to do a fair amount of that when supply was freer pre-pandemic and although they can’t book the immediate sale there’s still an RN in the system that has value over not having an RN.

Reactions: init6
People in this thread have seen 'literally' hundreds of cars in a SC and others are speculating there will be a price cut. And as above it was Tesla offering to delay delivery rather than the customer requesting it.

Doesn't seem to make sense.
Yes, but this month is always slightly different. Although Tesla push for end of quarter, the end of financial year is 6 April. That can affect when people want to take delivery for tax reasons. Mr Miserable, in the shipping thread first post, also explains that some leasing companies delay to 6 April so possible a large number of new lease vehicles awaiting delivery are what are being seen, not unsold stock.

So why would Tesla compound this by offering to delay someone's delivery until September

I'd hazard a guess that the aim is to lock the customer in - small deposit, customer not ready until September, customer stops looking at other brands and just gets on with other stuff knowing that "September car replacement" is sorted ... customer may well be assuming, based on other brands, that car is in a made-to-order queue that delivery will be on the expected day

I'd hazard a guess that the aim is to lock the customer in - small deposit, customer not ready until September, customer stops looking at other brands and just gets on with other stuff knowing that "September car replacement" is sorted ... customer may well be assuming, based on other brands, that car is in a made-to-order queue that delivery will be on the expected day
I have a MY order from August 2022, that is due delivery August 2023, as I need it only at the end of my current 3 year M3 lease. price drop has been incorporated along the way (but has lower residual estimates so lease reductions not significant).

Its through my lease company, but order is in place as have had details from Tesla direct. As M3 has been out in UK over 3 years now, I suspect that like me there will be an increasing number of customers that want to tie in their next Tesla to the end of their current lease or PCP contract.

How closely the delivery will be to the end of my lease we shall see, I don't want early delivery as do not want two Teslas at same time, but a small gap would not present a problem for me.

Well, I had to call customer services a couple of times to amend the final invoice to match the order, but they kept my end of Q1 price and moved the date up from mid-May - I collected today!
So got the MY RWD White/White/20 for £45,380
Only bugbear is it had 41 miles on charge so couldn't drive straight home. Would have preferred to pay a fee and had it fully charged rather than have to faff about driving into Birmingham to supercharge it. It was fast though, and had coffee and biscuits... :)

Reactions: Durzel