Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Price cuts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't believe so - when you order online you have to put the card details for the £200 deposit first. Even you order from a showroom you'll order online anyway.

I *guess* you could order anyway, and then if you don't like it you can cancel and try to get the deposit back. Lots of people mention here that you can resort to the Consumer rights and the Distance Act, but try to search on the forums.
Yeah not a bad one idea, £200 lost is a lot better than 3% over 4 years!

Reactions: manub
Sent a couple of enquiries to Tesla last night but no response (guess maybe Monday )

Anyway just re book and grab the finance . I’m doing that tonight.

As for the the £200 you’ll get it back , I got my deposit back a couple of months ago when I cancelled the Y

Email the TeslaFinance-Europe email address and request a change to 3.9% if you’ve an order coming soon but at 6.9%. I’ve done it tonight and know someone who did it on Friday and got the rate changed on his order in the App.
That's interesting! I've been told by 2 different sources at Tesla my only chance was to cancel my previous order and make another one. Let us know how it goes.

I was also told only new orders are eligible for 3.9. So I cancelled and ordered new one with same delivery dates , got vin number too.
I didn’t talk about refund. Will try and see if can get it back. Anyways 3.9% is better than losing 200

Spoke to two Tesla sales agents yesterday, you get refund on £200 (deposit) only if your order was placed less than 15 days ago - Else no refund.

Anyways, you are much better off losing £200 than losing 3.9% APR - You can make up for £200 in about 3-4 months at 3.9% APR.

Reactions: kiranl
Tesla can make up whatever rules they want but the law overrides them. As part of distance selling the customer has the right to cancel from order until 14 days after the goods have arrived.
Agree about UK law, but unfortunately it does not hold good here since the order page clearly states “Non-refundable Order Fee”, which technically you have agreed to by proceeding with the order.

Tesla have to give the £200 back . You just need to keep asking and referring to the UK law .

Also as a chance they will swap your order over from 6.9 to 3.9 .
Nope, Tesla sales rep did not agree on swapping APR either. They told I can request the Tesla finance team (in writing), but by the time they respond the 3.9% APR would probably revert back to 6.9%.

I still have not cancelled my old order on the hope that I might receive a response back.

Agree about UK law, but unfortunately it does not hold good here since the order page clearly states “Non-refundable Order Fee”, which technically you have agreed to by proceeding with the order.
Contract terms and conditions can not overrule your statutory rights as a consumer. Its irrelevant if you agreed to it or not, it’s really that simple.

Business customers are different as those rights don’t apply.

I’m just rebooking tonight and then hounding Tesla for the £200 back .

“just to clarify with this order, the APR stands as the finance was accepeted so we aren't able to change it after that point, however I see you are also wanting to cancel this order and then reorder under the same finance to get the 3.9 APR, with this we cannot confirm that this car will remain allocated or be reallocated to you and that the 3.9 APR is in place for this quarter so that would mean if you didn't get the car this quarter you would miss out on the 3.9 APR and it would return to 6.9, this is a big risk as it could impact the delivery for you, if you are willing to accept this then, yes we can cancel your order however it is not recomended due to the risks it can hold, let me know what you're wanting to go ahead with”

What it actually states is:
*Non-refundable for order cancellations, except when statutory cancellation rights apply

and your statutory rights do apply. As others have stated, you do not wave away your rights by 'agreeing' to something that goes against UK law.