Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Price cuts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not surprised, they have 500 inventory cars listed at the moment. And maybe even that is just a limit on how many they list.

Having a look, there are loads of M3 with Tow bar in inventory. I wonder if something daft is going on in so much as you can;t order a M3 with tow bar easily so nobody has and therefore not matching with cars in stock?

relatively affordable way to get enhanced autopilot - seems they're slapping it on everything. Once of the perks of being the manufacturer I guess.

Some quick man-maths... over the 4 year purchase period.

We own an M3LR and MYLR purchased 2022. Assume we didn't own these and started our purchase on the below dates.

If we bought the same again on 10th Jan we would be paying 20% more (£14.3k)

If we bought the same again on 13th Jan (post price drop) we would be paying 6.5% more (£4.6k)

If we bought the same again today 27th Jan (post interest drop) we would be paying 5.2% less (£3.8k)

Point is, the total switch for someone who bought on 10th Jan to pushing the button 2 weeks later would likely save £18k over 4 years. It is not a small sum...

Had the call. Was able to get VIN number.
They will discuss with the finance team and get back later. Keeping fingers crossed, they change from 6.9 to 3.9.
By the way not sure if this is the same for you - I checked all my documents and apart from the website, there's no doc/invoice displaying the payment plan. So I'd assume it shouldn't be too late to change the finance without cancelling the order.

By the way not sure if this is the same for you - I checked all my documents and apart from the website, there's no doc/invoice displaying the payment plan. So I'd assume it shouldn't be too late to change the finance without cancelling the order.
Yes there are no specific documents.
But in the account page, under the heading completed tasks, there is registration and payment details. Here it does show the initial 6.9% and payment plan.
Hopefully they should be able to change it, as you said septic documents have not been drafted yet.
Let’s see, almost 5 more weeks to delivery

Reactions: manub
Yes there are no specific documents.
But in the account page, under the heading completed tasks, there is registration and payment details. Here it does show the initial 6.9% and payment plan.
Hopefully they should be able to change it, as you said septic documents have not been drafted yet.
Let’s see, almost 5 more weeks to delivery
Exactly the same for me... fingers crossed.

So, wrote to my sales assistant and that's what he said.

I know there is a little bit of confusion about the TFS APR change going from 6.9% to 3.9%. This is for new orders only.

As this has just been rolled out & implemented, could you give me a day or so to get back to you in regards to what your next best steps may be.

I'd be paying around £85 per month less over 4 years - £4k better off! More than happy to wait a bit longer if that's the case.

Well - I've also called and they told me that unfortunately my finance has been locked and the only way would be to cancel, lose the deposit, going through Finance application again and I would be treated as a new order.

They told me I have to cancel over the phone and then I'll be called back to confirm.

Will consider my options now - @kiranl let us know if you hear anything back.

if they can't then they're just making more work for themselves. You'd cancel, immediately reorder and possibly even get the same car anyway!
Doesn't bother Tesla either way if you end up having to go through this process. They'll sell the car to someone else if it comes to it. The processes involved are largely automated and prescriptive.

It is silly though, really. Why would you want your customers starting off with a negative perception?

Reactions: Mrklaw and KennethS
Well - I've also called and they told me that unfortunately my finance has been locked and the only way would be to cancel, lose the deposit, going through Finance application again and I would be treated as a new order.

They told me I have to cancel over the phone and then I'll be called back to confirm.

That’s unfortunate.

That’s unfortunate. Probably I may end in same situation.
My plan is to place new order, then cancel the old one. The idea being the matching happens automatically, so hopefully I get assigned the same one. If not I would rather wait for a month than pay them more money.
Will update once I get confirmation.

Reactions: manub

sounds like BS
BUT
if it is a private order ( not a company purchase) then they have to give you the deposit back but they won't do it unless you quote the distance selling regulations at them ( or whatever they are called now)

alternatively could you not tell them you want to switch to a cash purchase (surely that is allowed) then tomorrow tell them you want to switch to finance 😁

sounds like BS
BUT
if it is a private order ( not a company purchase) then they have to give you the deposit back but they won't do it unless you quote the distance selling regulations at them ( or whatever they are called now)

alternatively could you not tell them you want to switch to a cash purchase (surely that is allowed) then tomorrow tell them you want to switch to finance 😁
It does sounds like BS indeed! But the lady on the phone told me it's for new vehicles delivered by a certain date. Quarterly push, I suppose.

I have to admit though there's a few cars in my area in the inventory - who knows, if I order again I may even end up with the car earlier than I expected!

sounds like BS
BUT

That’s a sound plan 😜

Slightly off-topic but do you know if the advisers get commissions? Just to understand the motivations of my adviser to try and secure my APR change - I know Tesla works differently (I started the order online in the showroom but I finalised it up at home - in regards of the finance bit), but if the adviser wouldn't get anything out of it he won't necessarily care whether I cancel or not... (well, also he may not be able to do anything about it)

Slightly off-topic but do you know if the advisers get commissions? Just to understand the motivations of my adviser to try and secure my APR change - I know Tesla works differently (I started the order online in the showroom but I finalised it up at home - in regards of the finance bit), but if the adviser wouldn't get anything out of it he won't necessarily care whether I cancel or not... (well, also he may not be able to do anything about it)
When I visited the 'showroom' for my test drives the staff there told me it made no difference to them at all if my order was placed with them or done online at some time in the future. No sales comms as such. This was April '22(ish) which may or may not be true now