Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK: buying from Tesla used inventory.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_0942.jpeg

Hi guys, we collected our model 3 LR 2020 on Friday from Corby after 7 weeks wait order date 7th March. Car was in good condition but with a few chips on front windshield, which they may a note of. Range was a small 36% 106 miles! We had a return trip of 186 miles so had to use the Tesla superchargers at Rugby. It charged fast from 19% to 80% in 28mins cost of £20.
Really really pleased with the car, cannot stop driving it! Best car ever for us. Good luck to all of you. Hopefully you all will get your cars soon.
I thought SC was free on the day of collection to get you home :confused:

Is it the 3p again you got? What sort of range is it displaying?
Hey @Dommmm - sorted out all of my charging and everything at home, so last night was the first proper experience of charging to a known limit and then getting a quoted mileage. So at 80% charge, it was showing 225 miles, so I guess a full charge may show 280 miles based on some rough maths.

We did a round trip and the navigation estimated 33% battery consumption on the way there, but that went up to about 37% - probably due my extensive testing of just how performant is a performance! On the way back it estimated 41% which dropped to about 37% again. I actually have no idea what it actually used, but the trip computer says the whole trip consumed 40KWh at 273Wh/mi average.

Feeling very bad for those that don't have their cars, but if it's any consolation it is actually proving weirdly difficult to cancel my order, they seem determined to tell me that I should see it through, despite me saying I have purchased another vehicle. I have finally been told it'll be processed within 48 hours. Maybe I should start a different thread for that!

Reactions: AndyFov
Still waiting for a response for mine.. been chasing them up for last few days without any updates! Let me know if you come across any contacts at corby that might be worth chasing up with please.. the car I am waiting on is with following details -
VIN:5YJ3F7EC7LF702538
REG: LD20LGU

If you see it take some pics.. as I have not seen the car yet!

Reactions: Dommmm
Hey @Dommmm - sorted out all of my charging and everything at home, so last night was the first proper experience of charging to a known limit and then getting a quoted mileage. So at 80% charge, it was showing 225 miles, so I guess a full charge may show 280 miles based on some rough maths.

We did a round trip and the navigation estimated 33% battery consumption on the way there, but that went up to about 37% - probably due my extensive testing of just how performant is a performance! On the way back it estimated 41% which dropped to about 37% again. I actually have no idea what it actually used, but the trip computer says the whole trip consumed 40KWh at 273Wh/mi average.

Feeling very bad for those that don't have their cars, but if it's any consolation it is actually proving weirdly difficult to cancel my order, they seem determined to tell me that I should see it through, despite me saying I have purchased another vehicle. I have finally been told it'll be processed within 48 hours. Maybe I should start a different thread for that!
Ah thanks for the update Matrel, glad you got to put it through its paces!
273 wh/m is very good and with that battery should see some good range for sure :)
The sat nav often over eggs the amount of charge, I notice it’s often 6/8% over on longer journies.

Happy driving and do wave! Ha

Everyone used to do that what’s ago and it needs to come back!
Still waiting for a response for mine.. been chasing them up for last few days without any updates! Let me know if you come across any contacts at corby that might be worth chasing up with please.. the car I am waiting on is with following details -
VIN:5YJ3F7EC7LF702538
REG: LD20LGU

If you see it take some pics.. as I have not seen the car yet!
i asked for some pics and was told not until final works are done! Would be nice to see something at least!

Reactions: mkislam and Matrel
So. Picked up today from Corby. All good car was near on perfect. A few marks on the interior but they have come up like new. Overall very happy with the condition. Car was 80% charged. Handover is a bit heath robinson as it’s just a guy in a model X with a laptop and not very good Wi-Fi but worth the wait in the end. Good luck to all who are still waiting.

Yeah, same here. Ordered a 2021 LR on the 14th March... Given a date of the 31st for collection, booked day off sorted out travel etc only for it to be cancelled on the 29th.... Contacted via the onlie chat to someone who was unbelivable rude and shrot with me who then said car was still at Corby awaiting refurbishment. Not sure how much refurbishment an 18 moth old car with 13k miles should need but concerning as there is no way to even get photos of it.... It's lucky they have a good product because their customer service is the worst.... Still waiting for a date but seems pointless contacting them further..
Looks great! What price did you end up paying out of interest?

I'm glad people seem to have provisional dates now. Unfortunately for me, my date of work completion has been pushed back to next Friday (12th). Difficult to know what to believe these days.

After that it needs an inspection + valet then you need 5+ business days before a collection appointment so at this rate in confident it'll be a minimum of 8-9 weeks before I pickup!

Anyone else in limbo or do most have pickup dates who ordered mid March?