Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like government regulations will force Tesla to open the network to all vehicles:

Seems a bit unfair given that Tesla owners indirectly paid for the network but are now about to lose the benefits.

Not unfair at all, on the road trip to Europe last month nearly every SC we went to had none Teslas charging. No issues with congestion, multiple 10-20+ sites all within 5-10 miles of each other, its the way things need to go.

The UK is far behind Europe in charging infrastructure, sad to see the ambition in the UK is still only for 4 stall installations at some sites when everywhere in Europe is easily double digits at all new sites :(.

The UK government needs to mandate some much stronger legislation for EV charging provision, but our PM seems more keen to keep the status going with fossil fuels than preparing the country for the future.

Anybody near Truro, Cornwall that can verify if Tesla equipment on site please?

Near ‘The Range’ opposite Fiat

Treliske industrial estate, Tresawls Rd, Treliske, Truro TR1 3LN

12 bases spotted - not typical tombstones, but same duct and mounting positions as Tesla Superchargers. And a known civil contractor working there
Anyone passing?

9 square ponies it looks like at Reading Moto Westbound (Burghfield) this morning 😎👍🏻
IMG_4178.jpeg

Anybody near Truro, Cornwall that can verify if Tesla equipment on site please?

Near ‘The Range’ opposite Fiat

Treliske industrial estate, Tresawls Rd, Treliske, Truro TR1 3LN

12 bases spotted - not typical tombstones, but same duct and mounting positions as Tesla Superchargers. And a known civil contractor working there
⚡⚡️ 12 superchargers going in near the Range at Treliske industrial estate, Truro, Cornwall.

Attachments

• IMG_3975.jpeg
    IMG_3975.jpeg
    619.4 KB · Views: 91
Revised foundations for V4 charger stalls perhaps? The bases/ducting in the background of the left photo look like about right for accommodating 3 charger cabinet foundations.
I think the ponies in that picture are identical to the ones in the photo just above from Reading - only difference is the trench has been back-filled.

Reactions: CMc1 and cezdoc
9 square ponies it looks like at Reading Moto Westbound (Burghfield) this morning 😎👍🏻View attachment 962926
I think there might only be 8 going in here. A photo recently shared on the Superchargers app shows two covered charger cabinets on pallets nearby. It's still possible there is a third charger cabinet out of sight and more stall foundations to be added though.

Reactions: petit_bateau
I think the ponies in that picture are identical to the ones in the photo just above from Reading - only difference is the trench has been back-filled.
Agreed. Looking at photos of part-completed older sites with oval-profile bases, it appears that the layout of the holes for the ducting and bolts for attaching the tombstones could be identical - it could be that the only difference is the new bases are a bit more angular, i.e. the square ponies are a bit squarer.

Reactions: petit_bateau
Strange as plans said 12. Wonder why the change.

View attachment 963195
Update for Reading Moto Westbound.
Progressing well. Man from construction crew says nearly done but waiting for the charger units from Tesla still.
And yes there is 12 chargers. 10 normal reverse alongside jobbies and 2 mounted sideways ones at the end.
IMG_4197.jpeg
IMG_4196.jpeg
IMG_4195.jpeg

Looks like this EVN site at the NEC will be opening soon
32 "ultra-fast" charge points and 150 AC charge points.

View attachment 964782View attachment 964783
AC charging of scale like this is what is needed into the future, looks awesome! Now if we can just make a single payment network so any car can plug in and charge like we've all lived with at SuC's for years it would be great :p

I don't mind contactless but I'd still prefer "plug and charge" to have central billing through my manufacturer. Mainly because getting receipts for expenses with contactless isn't ideal.
Fastned do this for certain makes of cars, including Teslas for CCS charging. Once it’s setup, you just plug your car in and it links back to your account. They brand it Autocharge.

The new Service Centre at London - Edmonton (Ravenside retail park, Tottenham) is having V4 supercharger stalls installed. The picture below showing V4 tombstones on a pallet is copied from the Superchargers app; in addition a member of the TOUK Facebook group has posted photos showing at least 5 stalls already in the ground (I expect they'll be shared on the site formerly known as Twitter in due course). Based on planning drawings, 12 stalls are expected in total. I think these are the first V4 stalls spotted in the wild in the UK.

2023-08-17 London Edmonton V4 stalls_sm.jpg

The new Service Centre at London - Edmonton (Ravenside retail park, Tottenham) is having V4 supercharger stalls installed. The picture below showing V4 tombstones on a pallet is copied from the Superchargers app; in addition a member of the TOUK Facebook group has posted photos showing at least 5 stalls already in the ground (I expect they'll be shared on the site formerly known as Twitter in due course). Based on planning drawings, 12 stalls are expected in total. I think these are the first V4 stalls spotted in the wild in the UK.

View attachment 965755
Here's a link to a TOUK tweet showing some of the charger stalls in place (with covers off):