Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure. This was posted on X at the time...

I went and had a look at the TOUK Facebook discussion from the time and it looks like TOUK also realised Treliske was probably crossed wires. I suspect the original source of their tweet was this thread. It's like when Wikipedia articles start citing references that circle back to Wikipedia!

Further down under their Treliske Tweet:

1715101005207.png

Reactions: Sean.
Not sure. This was posted on X at the time...

That was posted after the post in this forum… so how can we rule out the Treliske site - the post here was very specific - opposite the Fiat dealership at The Range. Irrespective of the later confusion of the Exeter SC photos being posted as Treliske (also with a Fiat dealership in the background).

Took a look at both sides of Rownhams today.

On the north side are the six not yet working Gridserve chargers where the line is, plus a single 50kWh charger and a couple of slow (7kWh?) chargers where the two x are.

On the south side interestingly there was a row of bays blocked off with metal fencing, along with indications of some sort of work being prepped for. Possibly 2 + 2 = 5, but it wouldn’t be hard to imagine a row of chargers sitting there in a few months…

I passed through Rownhams Services south side earlier today and there are Gridserve chargers going in, at least three, not yet operational.

Bar Hill update: loads of construction since my last report a month ago.
It's huge: that white Transit isn't parked outside, it's roughly in the middle of the building.
No superchargers on site yet, but the green DNO enclosure is already there - behind the pile of soil on the left. (can't tell if anything inside it)

In the sweepstake: I'm on Oct 2024; @qwickshot Jan 2025...

Attachments

• IMG_2573.jpg
    IMG_2573.jpg
    1,017.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2575.jpg
    IMG_2575.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2574.jpg
    IMG_2574.jpg
    852 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
No superchargers on site yet, but the green DNO enclosure is already there - behind the pile of soil on the left. (can't tell if anything inside it)

In the sweepstake: I'm on Oct 2024; @qwickshot Jan 2025...
I guess it's a test of just what the deinvestment in SC headlines translate to reality. I suspect we have seen the last of new SCs to be commissioned in the UK for the foreseeable future. Even though sites that's are built but aren't powered I suspect may be left unpowered.

If the existing SC network doesn't contract or remains operational would be the best outcome anyone could hopeful.

I guess it's a test of just what the deinvestment in SC headlines translate to reality. I suspect we have seen the last of new SCs to be commissioned in the UK for the foreseeable future. Even though sites that's are built but aren't powered I suspect may be left unpowered.

If the existing SC network doesn't contract or remains operational would be the best outcome anyone could hopeful.
Both Gloucester Services (16 x V4 in total) opened last night btw

The 2 Gloucester services chargers (each 8 stall V4) are now open.

Are these the most expensive in the UK? Price matching the Westmoreland chargers there??!

View attachment 1045642
The Tesla/subscription price is the same as most other MSA’s and the non-Tesla price is the same as Frankley which is open to all.

I’d suggest Tesla is just doing their own thing with pricing and isn’t pricing relative to its neighbouring chargers.