Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turning off the front passenger fan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a way to turn off the front passenger fan on the 2023 Model 3? I'd like to keep the driver side on. So far, I've been directing the air from the front passenger side towards the driver side as a workaround, but it'd be preferable to just turn it off separately.

I was digging through older threads in the forums that suggest that there's a voice command? Of course, a touch interface control would be useful.

Reactions: beachmiles
I have a M3P (not sure if it works on other models) - if I shut down. the HVAC and turn it back on, the passenger side fan doesn't turn on. If I want it on (it isn't automatic in mine), like when a passenger gets in, I have to go back to the controls and turn on the passenger side by touching the vent on the screen.

There are times that HVAC will operate the passenger vent even if there is no passenger. Like if the car is really hot and you try to blast the AC to cool it down, it will distribute the air to cool the cabin more evenly/quickly. You can turn the passenger vent ON if there's no passenger by tapping near the passenger vent on the HVAC screen. But I don't believe there's a way to turn it off.

I haven't checked mine to see if the passenger side vent isn't blowing when there isn't a passenger in the seat. But if this is true, then why does the HVAC graphic show it blowing air on the passenger side, without a passenger on cold days?

Just checked my car and the passenger side air vent was blowing, so I wonder if because my car has the FSD beta that it doesn't have this update.

Last edited: