Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turn Signal Light Fault - Service Is Required To Restore Functionality

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve received this error 3 or 4 times since taking delivery of my Y 5 weeks ago. It goes away after a few seconds to a minute and I haven’t been able to reproduce it or notice a pattern. The turn signals appear to be working fine according to the display but I haven’t been able to observe the exterior lights as I’m driving.

A4FDDA9C-D350-411E-9015-140BBE15FBC0.jpeg

Anyone else experience this? Might just be a software glitch.

I had this exact same message today [11/22/2020] in my December 2018 Model 3 midrange -- the turn signals all work fine, this was on software 44.15; while I was driving last week I had intermittent warnings show up but they were so short that I could not read them while driving, I guess they complained about the same thing. Does anybody have some insight into this?

Did any of you figure this out? Just got the fault on my 1 year old Model Y when signaling right, turn signals seem to work just fine and I used the right turn a bunch to try and make it happen again but it wont, so only happened once. Just did get 2021.4.18 software last night, not sure if a bug got introduced?

Tesla Service kept my Y for a few days when it happened and couldn’t find anything. Suggestion was to keep an eye on it but the issue went away on its own and haven’t had it happen since. Figured it was a software bug that resolved itself.

Did any of you figure this out? Just got the fault on my 1 year old Model Y when signaling right, turn signals seem to work just fine and I used the right turn a bunch to try and make it happen again but it wont, so only happened once. Just did get 2021.4.18 software last night, not sure if a bug got introduced?
Just happened today, updated to .18 last night. Error went away after a few seconds.