Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 MYP multiple faults, Service Unable to address

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all, I’m new member here, and I come from Taiwan. I just picked up my 2023 MYP in the end of May, and with 2500km driving on it. Overall is a great car, but the car got some software(?) problem which is very annoying.

When I have a long driving trip (over 2hrs, 200km+), there were faults alert on the display, they are Dl_a222(body stable control disabled), Dl_a223(traction control disabled), Dl_a246(regenerative brake disabled), APP_w009(automatic emergency brake disabled). And I will lose the regen-brake, and of course no AP and other safety function. But I am still able to drive. All faults can be deleted if I parked the car and shut down (by clicking shut down on the screen) . Sometimes the faults came back within 5 mins driving after I re-start the car, sometimes it came back normal and I could continue driving the car to the destination.

I had been to Tesla service twice, they only found my wheel alignment was not aligned to the default data. The first time they reset it (EPAS), not work. So I went to the service for the second time. This time they found the same error as the first time, but this time they did 4 wheels alignment and also reset the EPAS, meanwhile, they have also checked wire and some related control unit (abs, body control unit… etc.) but still no new finding, then they returned the car to me and ask me to do some test drive if I have a chance.

Today, I scheduled a long drive on purpose to see if the problem got solved, but NO, the problem is still existed.

This issue is only happened while I drive for 200km+ in one day, if only short driving in the city and with over night parking, it would not happen.

Dose anyone have the same experience? Please share to me, I would hope the Tesla service can fix my car, since I don’t think they will exchange a new car to me.

Thanks 🙏

Sorry the picture shows in Mandarin, but the fault code should be ok to read.
IMG_9392.jpeg

IMG_9393.jpeg

I had the same issue pop up for no reason. Checked under the car & found my RF wheel speed sensor was frayed. Looked like rats were chewing on it. Replaced the sensor & all is good now. I also checked the logs on the new service menu & found there was a short to ground in the sensor at random times. Maybe when the suspension bounces a certain way it will trigger a fault & disable everything, would explain why it doesn't stay on. Hope this helps you.

• Helpful
Reactions: zoomer0056 and GOVA
Any update on this issue? I’m experiencing the same issue on my MYLR ‘23, it’s in service now for the second time and the service center says they are unable to duplicate the issue so they returned car to me and basically said good luck and come back again if the issue came back.