Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TuneIn won't work after infotainment upgrade?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently got the Infotainment Upgrade for my 2015 Model S. Ever since, can't get anything to play on TuneIn. Streaming works fine, but just get endless spinning symbol on anything I try in TuneIn. Worked great before the Infotainment Upgrade, won't work now. Tesla says I have to bring car back in to shop, which is over two hours away, for them to fix it. Don't know why they can't diagnose and fix over the air, but they aren't so I am trying to fix it on my own. Also, can't get calendar to sync anymore, not sure if that is related. Anyone else have this issue?

You will need to remain in car for about 5 minutes. Close doors and don't touch anything, especially the brake pedal. You can power off Model S while sitting in the driver's seat, provided the vehicle is not moving. Touch Controls > Safety & Security > Power Off. You can press the brake pedal or touch the touchscreen after at least 3 minutes, 5 minutes is better.

Recently got the Infotainment Upgrade for my 2015 Model S. Ever since, can't get anything to play on TuneIn. Streaming works fine, but just get endless spinning symbol on anything I try in TuneIn. Worked great before the Infotainment Upgrade, won't work now. Tesla says I have to bring car back in to shop, which is over two hours away, for them to fix it. Don't know why they can't diagnose and fix over the air, but they aren't so I am trying to fix it on my own. Also, can't get calendar to sync anymore, not sure if that is related. Anyone else have this issue?
Just had our 2017 Model X infotainment upgrade. No voice commands and same as you no tune in just spinning symbol after upgrade. Had to take it back for them to reinstall the firmware. Took about an hour and all is good now.

Just had our 2017 Model X infotainment upgrade. No voice commands and same as you no tune in just spinning symbol after upgrade. Had to take it back for them to reinstall the firmware. Took about an hour and all is good now.
Good to know this is an easy firmware update fix. Same is happening to me after my upgrade last week. No Caraoke, Disney+ won't play (black screen), No Voice Commands (Connection error, Try again), Tune-in not working (spinning circle), Phone calls won't "hang up" and Spotify only plays 1 song and stops. If I press the Play or FWD button, it starts a panic "start/stop/start/stop" loop on the songs.