Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Technical Analysis

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"I don't make predictions"
"If you want to know what will happen next, message me"

-____-

hard to explain. remember I'm from abroad - I'm not perfect english speaker/writer :)

but OK, we touched $244 and now some recovery.

But I think $244 will be broken. Maybe not today... I think. I don't predict.
and if it will be broken - then we go to $220

There are no predictions. There are simple "IF... THEN...." ;)

I thought you said if we break $244, we go down to $220 not that we will have resistance.

Direction is probably down now and if support is broken then acts as resistance. Support was $244.... :)
Whole market is down - look at S&P500 index.
And this time it seems that it might be THAT big correction. So don't be surprised that TSLA will follow whole market.... :(

edit: why people you acts like this? If you can't trade - please don't.
if someone offers some help - just say "thank you".
:)

Tomorrow is possible big move. Friday. End of week....

Direction is probably down now and if support is broken then acts as resistance. Support was $244.... :)
Whole market is down - look at S&P500 index.
And this time it seems that it might be THAT big correction. So don't be surprised that TSLA will follow whole market.... :(

edit: why people you acts like this? If you can't trade - please don't.
if someone offers some help - just say "thank you".
:)

Tomorrow is possible big move. Friday. End of week....
Highend, while some of your posts make sense, I had a tough time trying to get any insight from the chart you posted. Please post analysis with daily or weekly charting. The monthly charts don't make sense for a company like Tesla since the entire landscape of the company has changed over the past 2 years... Not a lot of insight you can gain from backtracking the prices to 2013....

- - - Updated - - -

That being said, I think we trade mostly sideways tomorrow (a slight down day maybe ~$1). I defintely see $230 in the cards by the end of next week, and potentially $220... Don't be surprised if macro winds take us to $207 or $205 in the coming weeks.

That being said, I think we trade mostly sideways tomorrow (a slight down day maybe ~$1). I defintely see $230 in the cards by the end of next week, and potentially $220... Don't be surprised if macro winds take us to $207 or $205 in the coming weeks.

Thanks for your reply. I hoped all my posts make sense but I undestand saying numbers is not enough - for me these just represent support/resistance points.
even if my numbers were correct (recovery to 260, support 244, broken support = further downside possible) for some people it is not enough.
To all of you: pls re-check. I told all the numbers _before_ that happened. Not good enough? So call it "LUCK".

I need sometimes monthly TSLA chart for my method and it works well for whole trends. Of course I work on daily chart and then going to smaller time frames....
I undestand one trend as going from low to high or high to low. Example: - one trend is when we went from $180 to $287 = end of trend. I don't use trend lines as common.

Just please understand I wanted to help. also I'm polish from Poland / Europe - makes difficulties in communication despite I try my best.
I'm HUGE fan of Tesla but all of you have to undestand that stock market won't go up forever... even TSLA.
Here is 23.00 - so good night.

@highend, I am having difficulty following your posts & will just blame it on language differences...adding to ignore list.

you welcome :)
I'll try to show something in TA section in couple of days. if you want to ignore - it is up to you.
I understand this topic even called "short term tsla price movements" is just place to talk... and 30% is about price, and 70% is about nothing.

Now I can only say numbers, number, numbers:
86$ Apple - don't ask when
1700 (around) sp500 - don't ask when
for TSLA current target is $220 but further downside is later possible.

So Tesla sold all new shares for $242 ? Is that correct? They made great deal :)

one more thing: if you trade always use stop loss. if you want to sell - set SL at $246 level.
And don't blame me if we go up tomorrow. I also make mistakes. Sometimes ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply. I hoped all my posts make sense but I undestand saying numbers is not enough - for me these just represent support/resistance points.
even if my numbers were correct (recovery to 260, support 244, broken support = further downside possible) for some people it is not enough.
To all of you: pls re-check. I told all the numbers _before_ that happened. Not good enough? So call it "LUCK".

I need sometimes monthly TSLA chart for my method and it works well for whole trends. Of course I work on daily chart and then going to smaller time frames....
I undestand one trend as going from low to high or high to low. Example: - one trend is when we went from $180 to $287 = end of trend. I don't use trend lines as common.

Just please understand I wanted to help. also I'm polish from Poland / Europe - makes difficulties in communication despite I try my best.
I'm HUGE fan of Tesla but all of you have to undestand that stock market won't go up forever... even TSLA.
Here is 23.00 - so good night.

highend, I do appreciate that nuance is often missed when English is your second language. Heck, a lot of us struggle with clarity and it's our first language.

The disconnect here is not linguistic but simply skepticism about Technical Analysis. For clarity, it's not YOUR approach to TA specifically but general disregard for the methodology.

This thread is chock full of experienced investors who rely heavily on fundamental analysis of the underlying financials of the company and broader economic trends. But of course investing is forward looking, and we're taking that base data of past performance and modeling where we project the company will be in X years. There are many assumptions baked into those projections; actual performance may vary markedly. But the basis for those projections is fundamentally sound because the starting point is actual historical achievement in manufacturing production and the actual measurement of revenue, COGS, gross margin, et al. Fundamental analysis takes into account not only these micro projections but also broader economic and political trends that will affect the worldwide shift to sustainable transportation.

This fundamental analysis approach is looking for intrinsic value. It is the quest for companies whose true value is not yet recognized by the market. It's a long term commitment. The data used (monthly reports, quarterly FS) is released slowly and it works best for a long term investment horizon. It may take years for the market to recognize the true value of TSLA.

While a fundamental analysis starts with the financial statements, a technical analysis approaches a security from the charts. Frankly, that is a viewed as a flawed approach by many because it has no basis in the actual performance of the company. On the face of it. it seems an absurd proposition for someone to look at a stock price chart and think they can somehow divine where that price will move next based on the pattern of movement. The timeframe for many TA is often shorter, better suited for trading than investing.

These divergent approaches to investing/trading is oil and water to some. Some view TA as pure black magic with little more credibility than the daily horoscope. I'm afraid you will never find a welcoming audience to your TA. In. This. Thread. But "right next door" you'll find threads in which the reaction will be quite different.

Interestingly, TA is gaining more credibility. Every major brokerage has TA on staff. Many investment advisors take TA into consideration when looking for entry and exit points.

But as you have seen, you're not likely to find acceptance here in this thread. There are other threads within this sub-forum to have TA discussion. Obviously, this may not be the best thread for it.

Despite the hostility, I do hope you stick around and read/listen to what folks have to say. Many parts of the Internet are tedious and utterly devoid of intelligent discourse. Here we are blessed with talented, articulate and experienced folks who generously share their well thought out analysis. It's a genuine treat to watch and learn from others.

highend, I do appreciate that nuance is often missed when English is your second language. Heck, a lot of us struggle with clarity and it's our first language.

The disconnect here is not linguistic but simply skepticism about Technical Analysis. For clarity, it's not YOUR approach to TA specifically but general disregard for the methodology.

This thread is chock full of experienced investors who rely heavily on fundamental analysis of the underlying financials of the company and broader economic trends. But of course investing is forward looking, and we're taking that base data of past performance and modeling where we project the company will be in X years. There are many assumptions baked into those projections; actual performance may vary markedly. But the basis for those projections is fundamentally sound because the starting point is actual historical achievement in manufacturing production and the actual measurement of revenue, COGS, gross margin, et al. Fundamental analysis takes into account not only these micro projections but also broader economic and political trends that will affect the worldwide shift to sustainable transportation.

This fundamental analysis approach is looking for intrinsic value. It is the quest for companies whose true value is not yet recognized by the market. It's a long term commitment. The data used (monthly reports, quarterly FS) is released slowly and it works best for a long term investment horizon. It may take years for the market to recognize the true value of TSLA.

While a fundamental analysis starts with the financial statements, a technical analysis approaches a security from the charts. Frankly, that is a viewed as a flawed approach by many because it has no basis in the actual performance of the company. On the face of it. it seems an absurd proposition for someone to look at a stock price chart and think they can somehow divine where that price will move next based on the pattern of movement. The timeframe for many TA is often shorter, better suited for trading than investing.

These divergent approaches to investing/trading is oil and water to some. Some view TA as pure black magic with little more credibility than the daily horoscope. I'm afraid you will never find a welcoming audience to your TA. In. This. Thread. But "right next door" you'll find threads in which the reaction will be quite different.

Interestingly, TA is gaining more credibility. Every major brokerage has TA on staff. Many investment advisors take TA into consideration when looking for entry and exit points.

But as you have seen, you're not likely to find acceptance here in this thread. There are other threads within this sub-forum to have TA discussion. Obviously, this may not be the best thread for it.

Despite the hostility, I do hope you stick around and read/listen to what folks have to say. Many parts of the Internet are tedious and utterly devoid of intelligent discourse. Here we are blessed with talented, articulate and experienced folks who generously share their well thought out analysis. It's a genuine treat to watch and learn from others.

well said. I think I was the first to be annoyed by the posts, but in no way do I want to discourage Highend from being a member here at TMC and contributing. IMO, charts at best are a self fulfilling prophecy. It's not so much the numbers but the certainty of the posts that was off putting to me. Others have posted their analysis in a way that was more "speculative" and that doesn't draw the negative reactions.

How does a chart know what the Fed is going to do, what is going to happen with China, an analysis/price target from Jonas etc? It doesn't, it can't predict the future, period. I pointed out my displeasure on the positive days earlier in the week, more people felt obliged to jump in today as we were all getting our teeth kicked in by the market and I think the mood in general was not good.

Now, changing opinions can be done by posting your precise predictions consistently. Show good results over a period of time then people will listen. However, do it in the TA analysis thread.

I regret not saving that photo posted a while back of the unicorn superimposed on the stock chart, I spit up my coffee when I saw that the first time. If anyone has it please re post so I can pull it out when needed in the future.

Last edited:
Another point to be recognized is that there are often ten pages added to this thread every day. Anything you post is immediately swept away with the chatter so that your message will be seen mostly by people within an hour of its posting. The TA thread looks much quieter by comparison because there are posts only when there's some event or idea to be discussed. People looking in on that thread are going to see your posts for a lot longer before they're swept into history. Also, people hanging out on the TA thread recognize the attitudes towards technical trading so you're more "among family", even if there's a certain amount of good-natured ribbing going on there. The one thing I'd advise against is announcing to everyone that you have the answers, or a sure-fire scheme. Much better to lay out a prediction and let everyone discover how smart you are.

+1 Highend, post in TA, not here.

Please, for the love of God, keep technical analysis out of this thread and in the TA thread. Otherwise I might have to insert an ice pick in my skull and give myself a frontal lobotomy. I'm begging you, please make it stop.

I regret not saving that photo posted a while back of the unicorn superimposed on the stock chart, I spit up my coffee when I saw that the first time. If anyone has it please re post so I can pull it out when needed in the future.

Of course I saved it, it was brilliant:

unicorn.JPG

TA works :)
oops... $235 at opening... I left shorts from yesterday and got nice profit :) Wanna look my trading history? ;)
It is difficult for me to be short, as I'm BULL.... but well.. .market decides.

OK - I will post in this "dead topic". Maybe it won't be dead :)

Last edited: