Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Knock it off already. It wasn’t a rumor or creativity to increse stock price. And if you keep presenting lies on this forum you’ll be banned.

He actually had funding and still has funding to take Tesla private. He even has (still) the support of shareholders to take Tesla private. He chose not to because shareholders asked him not to based on the difficulty, complexity and uncertainty of creating a special fund particularly for retail investors and based on the fact that some weren’t going to be able to follow.

I know it pains you to accept that Elon and Tesla have this kind of broad and full support regardless what he/they decide to do because you’ve never been the kind of person others trust implicitly, especially with their money.

Feel free to go back to SA where deceit about Elon and Tesla is a requirement for being part of the club.
There is also the problem of rank and file employees being uneasy about the plan to go private—especially liquidity issues. Not a problem for me, but Joe sixpack?

Reactions: neroden
So I’m at Hawthorne supercharger and it looks like Tesla is running about 20 Model 3 performance test drives simultaneously.

A local rep was saying the Tesla stores can’t process the sheer volume of test drive requests so they have to run weekend events to process a ton of people through.

There’s a straight away on the course that really lets people gun it!!!!

I took delivery of my 3P+ already but damn I want to go on a test drive just to experience what these people are experiencing.

My belief is these are SR holdouts that just got upsold.....

The problem that Elon wanted to solve is the FUD spread by shorts. I'm conviced Elon met with investors and they committed to helping solve this problem. For instance, they could make a pool that buys any stock below 320. If successful, the original problem is solved and there's no need to go private.

Not that I think Elon requested it, but such a request would have been met with a "grow up". Investors are not going to spend millions to appease Elon's insecurities. Such a pool would not even help with the root cause "fud". This after a massive distraction of the tweet by Elon. An irony that should not be lost on anyone.

I think Twitter and this forum are very different modes of communication and conversation. Those who want can follow you on Twitter and tweet back, retweet and what-not on that platform. Many prefer a medium where more than 140 characters can be used, in order to properly lay out sometimes more complex arguments and ideas.

It's my personal opinion that posting all your tweets via copy-paste from Twitter to this thread a couple of seconds after tweeting is spammy. Of course you could make a post here with the same content, or a longer version.
Fair enough
I’ll stop posting here
No hard feelings

I believe all of this. Tesla's code is quite obviously a complete mess.

What surprised me is that Superchargers can have their firmware remotely updated (!!!)
Given that a supercharger is a stack of a dozen standard car chargers, and we know those have firmware updates applied on occasion, this doesn't surprise me.

One of the huge advantages of software configured devices is the ability to update and reconfigure without making a site visit. I'd be surprised if the remote-flash capability that's in the units that the car updates wasn't also taken advantage of in superchargers. I also expect the "main cabinet controller" also gets updates...

To be fair, have you ever heard of a car Jay Leno doesn't want to buy.

The roadster looks awesome but Jay Leno shouldn't be the yardstick.

Yes, but Jay's statement that "EV's are faster than internal combustion cars" was striking to me, for a dyed-in-the-wool car enthusiast like him. Loved it, but too short.

When private @420 was announced, a lot of the OTM calls beyond 420 lost their value quickly. So will the reverse happen as quickly?

(Personally relieved that TSLA staying public)

Ya, long term options past march 2019 lost about 30% value in general. (initially 100% from the chaos)So the market should go back to repricing them.

What I don't like is that this announcement is too close to that island reversal pattern.

We are relying on the fact that institutions did indeed hold back buying from the negotiations. Reality is often not that convenient.

• Informative
Reactions: elasalle
When private @420 was announced, a lot of the OTM calls beyond 420 lost their value quickly. So will the reverse happen as quickly?

(Personally relieved that TSLA staying public)

Yes, if you look at another option chain of a stock at similar price (NFLX) it doesn't have the steep drop off after $420. I think over the week the OTM call prices will increase to pre going private prices.

I bought lots of them after the tweet as they were so cheap and the go private looked uncertain. A bit of a gamble but I was able to multiply my contract size by a factor of 8 (I sold my old OTM calls within minutes of the go-private tweet as they started to lose value, then rebought after they crashed)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.