Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
market closing at 1 and people having the 4th to talk about what a great entry point this is, I made a move about 20 minutes ago

sold some Jan ‘20 $330 puts... premium a touch under $88

down about $50 within two days on good news... I can’t see waiting beyond this hour and past the holiday on at least one step of trading share moves (fwiw, I’d made smaller moves at low $340, $330, and $320 the past two days)

I wonder what explains these weird spikes on the 1-minute chart...
TSLACapture.PNG

• Goldman Sachs is not impressed with Tesla's production announcement and reiterates its sell rating for the company's shares, noting net Model 3 reservations declined to 420,000 from 455,000 last year. .... This is crazy

Wall Street is basically a bunch of gangsters in expensive suits and whereas the Mafia types may have connections with cops, the Wall Street gang has connections with Congress. Beating them with the law won't work. This group is outraged at Musk because he said he is not giving them any more payoff and will go it alone. So they are intent on destroying him. They basically are forcing his hand to prove he doesn't need them. If they can starve him of funds, they win. If he has a source or means of funding outside of Wall Street, he wins.

I'm on the side of the guy who follows the law but breaks the rules. Evil never goes away so even if Musk wins, the criminal element protected by Congress will continue to exist, but maybe they will suffer a few losses in this war.

• Goldman Sachs is not impressed with Tesla's production announcement and reiterates its sell rating for the company's shares, noting net Model 3 reservations declined to 420,000 from 455,000 last year. .... This is crazy
Let's see Tesla has made 43k and sold all but 11k, meanwhile reservations have fallen about 35k. That all seems about right. There's no obvious decline in demand here.

I am sooo looking forward to a few weeks of totally boring TLSA trading, when there is NO news whatsoever!
Elon should just lock his twitter and no more leaking of emails about progress and good news. Enough!

When there is no news, then TSLA starts moving up, any news gets twisted and span so bad that the SP tanks.

I am with you. No point of getting work up over this. My investment is long term.

Reactions: wipster
Let's see Tesla has made 43k and sold all but 11k, meanwhile reservations have fallen about 35k. That all seems about right. There's no obvious decline in demand here.
And once the $35k is finally available and people see their friend's Model 3's, demand will skyrocket!

And, 100@ $310 just executed!

Wait, so they're angry that Model 3 reservations declined by a number that's almost equivalent to the number of Model 3's sold in that same time period?

This is when you kick back, load up on more (non time sensitive) shares, and enjoy the eventual fireworks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.