Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
they will use this as the focus for trying to drive it down

They have been using everything they can throw at Tesla the past 6 months. This article and tariff isn’t enough to do it. Tesla is already pricing their vehicles below Mercedes and BMW by about $100k in China. If anything it could drive up Tesla sales bc less people will buy a $350k Mercedes/BMW, whereas with the Tarrif the Tesla will be $120-$180k.

It won’t hurt Model 3 sales at all because Model 3s are still yet sold in China. And if it were, it would still be less than the Mercedes and BMW, which marks upntheorncar way higher.

All hands on deck? Getting people from other jobs? You cannot go long on something like that. I mean, that should be obvious to anyone...

That is not an argument for 5k/wk not being sustainable. That is an argument for M3 margin will not be good in Q2. This should improve as they staff up permanent production workers to allow the people who were put on to M3 production temporarily to return to their regular duties.

They have been using everything they can throw at Tesla the past 6 months. This article and tariff isn’t enough to do it. Tesla is already pricing their vehicles below Mercedes and BMW by about $100k in China. If anything it could drive up Tesla sales bc less people will buy a $350k Mercedes/BMW, whereas with the Tarrif the Tesla will be $120-$180k.

It won’t hurt Model 3 sales at all because Model 3s are still yet sold in China. And if it were, it would still be less than the Mercedes and BMW, which marks upntheorncar way higher.

yes, good point. media won’t shine it that way though. in reality the pros puppeteer the media anyway, so it’s not like we need to worry about if they’ll be swayed.
i’m just doubtful this is enough to keep the short term plays from being wiped out over the low volume holiday week.
(super optimistic LT though.)
also, it’s posible something else comes out. he may news barrage us himself, in attempt the thwart the holiday week attack like someone pointed out last year (someone posted the charts from last 4th 2017 and a $30 decline or something. i may be remembering it wrong).

still pins and needles over here hah ;)

Reactions: neroden and wipster
I think I was misinterpreting what you were suggesting, I apologise. I just have an overly sensitive short troll radar currently and it sometimes misfires.

No problem.

Whilst I agree this is a burst rate, I don't think it will be long before they comfortably exceed this rate.
When it will happen? I think few weeks. Apparently they plan to do 6k/week next, so 5k/week sustained is necessary for that.

I think they always will be heading with bursts and then after some times it will become normal rate.

That is not an argument for 5k/wk not being sustainable.
I disagree. To be precise, this was argument for current 5k/week record being burst. I am quite sure that when they hit 5k/week sustainable, it will be without "all hands on deck" and things like that.

And what exactly makes you think this is unsustainable? You're moving the goalposts and clutching at straws at the same time. Must have those short hands full.
It’s great they hit the goal and a great win. The way they did it should be a source of pride as well, but it is not a sustainable business model. The head of AI on the line and Elon sleeping onsitemfor the week.
That said it sets them up for sustainable production, they have undoubtedly learned much and will be able to sustain 5000 after this holiday shortened week. I would guess all the GA lines will be tweaked during any downtime and the same for the paint system and gigafactory.
Hopefully 6000 by end of July with less drastic urgency.

So the shorts will now argue that this 5k was just a burst? Like they figure out how to make 5k per week once and then never again?

The short thesis has never been this laughably weak

Smart shorts are only trumpeting this so they can quietly sneak out the back door without creating a mass exodus that could cause an “explosion.” Dumber shorts in the meantime are in for a world of pain.

$TSLA no need to wait for official numbers clearly they already hit 5K M3 goal i can not wait for weekend to be over Expect major rally $TSLA starting tomorrow game over for shorts $400 next stop i really really love the short shorts @elonmusk

I anticipate a lot of resistance at 380-390. If we break that, some chartists think 429 is next.

For example

So the shorts will now argue that this 5k was just a burst? Like they figure out how to make 5k per week once and then never again?

The short thesis has never been this laughably weak

This remember me when I was reading a comment in Yahoo financial page about TSLA, one or two weeks before the Shareholders Meeting, and TSLA was at 290 and going down, and a short was commenting that TSLA will never hit the 300 again, "EVER", he wrote. This made me laughing so much to see how desperate this guy was to not be able to see that by using this loudly "EVER", he was revealing his desperation.

The same thing applies for all the bad articles against Tesla that appeared in the last months at an incredible rate.

This reveal how much desperate shorts, haters, fossil fuels industry monkeys, incumbent car makers, are becoming about Tesla, because out all the rhetoric, they know that Tesla has already won the hearts and the soul (well, they are still far from being perfect, specially with client communication, but...), and Tesla is also winning the industrial part, step by step and slower that Elon Musk and us would want, but far faster than all these naysayers would want to see!

Last edited:
7,000 cars in 7 days is not a burst rate.

Pull out the known S/X production and it’s 5,000 in 7 days. That sounds like 5,000 sustained.

Now, whether they had extra people to help is not a big deal. They will maintain that level and wean the extra help off the line over the coming days and weeks as they improve and automate, pushing higher.

This remember me when I was reading a comment in Yahoo financial page about TSLA, one or two weeks before the Shareholders Meeting, and TSLA was at 290 and going down, and a short was commenting that TSLA will never hit the 300 again, "EVER", he wrote. This made me laughing so much to see how desperate this guy was to not be able to see that by using this loudly "EVER", he was revealing his desperation.

The same thing applies for all the bad articles against Tesla that appeared in the last months at an incredible rate.

This reveal how much desperate shorts, haters, fossil fuels industry monkeys, incumbent car makers, are becoming about Tesla, because out all the rhetoric, they know that Tesla has already won the hearts and the soul (well, they are still far from being perfect, specially with client communication, but...), and Tesla is also winning the industrial part, step by step and slower that Elon Musk and us would want, but far faster than all these naysayers would want to see!

On the other hand, I don't know how many times I heard we'd never see 330, 350, even 370 on here.

It's a stock, it's typically bound in a certain range.

Reactions: wipster
Status
Not open for further replies.