Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think we still need the Grohman lines to hit 5000/week, and I wouldn't expect them to be fully operational until June.

I hope this is preparation for AWD, though I hoped the same thing last time. While we are battery pack limited, Tesla should maximize revenue per pack.
I continue to see it referenced that the Grohmann built battery pack lines have not been installed or are not operational. I must have missed where this was stated. Can anyone point me to the source? Sorry if already posted.

Elon clearly stated they are not doing dual motor until 5k/w and that won't be until July. He is rarely that clear in his statements. They are usually full of vagueness. This statement was as close to infatic as Elon gets. I think we should take him at his word.
Yeah, I'm not putting money on it being AWD-related. My guess is that it's preperation for 5000/wk, but we won't see an immediate improvement after the shutdown either, because we are pack-limited. (Maybe we'll see a short spike in production rate to clear the ~2000 pack stockpile.)

I continue to see it referenced that the Grohmann built battery pack lines have not been installed or are not operational. I must have missed where this was stated. Can anyone point me to the source? Sorry if already posted.
They were supposed to be shipped in March and operative in Q2. They may well be already installed and partly operative, but I doubt they are ready to supply 2500+ packs per week yet.

Where the hell is this production stop coming now from? It wasnt planned was it?
I was forced to buy some puts to protect my calls today. It only pisses me off with tsla stock to buy puts, with any other stock i have no Problem buying puts..

I learned along time ago to buy long term Calls with any volatile stock, which obviously includes TSLA. If you truly don't want to buy Puts on $TSLA then you should stick to LEAPS w/ TSLA.

I think the temporary shutdown is a good sign that they need tonupgrade the line , software etc, be ready to produce more cars. I am still a believer what Elon said about the Q3&Q4 projections. With the China news, today we should be a Green Day.

Should be but will it be. Lots of FUD out there and a huge 250 put position set to expire Friday. Lots of pressure to push the stock down.

In the recent CBS interview Elon said he now had a clear production path to arrive at 5000/ week
That he did not have before. I thought that was quite revealing. Less
automation
Seems the difference.

This stoppage is about to remove unnecessary automation that slows
The process down.

The problem area is the integration of the chassis and battery , he said, the marriage part,
That would lead to one to believe that is where changes will occur.

Last edited:
https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/china-allow-full-foreign-ownership-082511380.html
Huge for Tesla. The takeaway is EV manufacturers affected first with new rules coming into effect later this year, ICE manufacturers rules change up to five years away.

Interesting that this article appears in the general Yahoo Finance thread but not in Yahoo Finance thread for Tesla (although it posts eleven different articles on planned M3 shutdown). As Kermit the Frog said, "It's not easy being green."

Last edited:
This news on China is really good news. Think about it - a huge strategic advantage just unlocked for tesla this year if they want to take advantage of it which they will. Look for some sort of announcement from tesla. In the meantime - don’t let the media that’s strongly influenced from clicks and special interest groups to shake your confidence.

[
In the recent CBS interview Elon said he now had a clear production path to arrive at 5000/ week
That he did not have before. I thought that was quite revealing. Leases automation
Seems the difference.

This stoppage is about to remove unnecessary automation that slows
The process down.

The problem area is the integration of the chassis and battery , he said, the marriage part,
That would lead to one to believe that is where changes will occur.

You can tell Elon is very on top of it. Glad to see him hard at work where we need him.

I would think we still need the Grohman lines to hit 5000/week, and I wouldn't expect them to be fully operational until June.

I hope this is preparation for AWD, though I hoped the same thing last time. While we are battery pack limited, Tesla should maximize revenue per pack.
I think Grohman lines are up. Bonnie tweeted batteries are not a bottleneck. I think that meant the automation process was enabled.

This news on China is really good news. Think about it - a huge strategic advantage just unlocked for tesla this year if they want to take advantage of it which they will. Look for some sort of announcement from tesla. In the meantime - don’t let the media that’s strongly influenced from clicks and special interest groups to shake your confidence.
Starting 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.