Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jefferies is normally bearish on Tesla, for them upgrade the stock indicates to me something is cooking.

Redirect Notice

"We consider a small possibility of Tesla releasing supportive data this week but mainly high probability that management and the Board will take more drastic action on guidance and funding to restore credibility,"

With Elon’s April fools tweet coupled with this “high probability” comment I think something is definitly cooking to restore investor confidence. If M3 ramp looks reasonably good I think they will raise capital, initial talks have already likely been initiated with strong support from institutions. Again, this is all speculation.

Thanks for the helpful info sundaymorning.

As to your final point, I can see why the seeming climate the media is trying to depict to us would lead to your suggestion.

That said, I’d much rather see Tesla take steps to respond to the phenomena of those pumping falsehoods quite significantly steering Tesla narratives currently, than reinforce those narratives and reward those using these tactics (which encourages even more such events).

I wrote my suggestion re Tesla responding to the campaign of intellectual falsehoods in the link below. Happy to hear other ideas how to do this in that thread, Tesla could use them!

Investor CONSTUCTIVE Suggestions and/or Requests of Tesla

No AP shouldn't have seen the batterier. It's specifically designed to ignore it. It assumes the driver is alive, awake and paying attention. No different then any other cruise control.

Autopilot does 2 things.. Follows lane markings and doesn't run into the back of cars. It requires humans for every thing else. Period. Take your eyes of the road at your own risk. I Hope people are learning from these painful lessons.

The collision panic warning should have gone off. In that video there was no sign of that. And (at least in the case of the real accident) the emergency braking system should have kicked in. It's almost like the barrier was too small of an object to trigger those two items.

Reactions: X Yes? and Matias
The collision panic warning should have gone off. In that video there was no sign of that. And (at least in the case of the real accident) the emergency braking system should have kicked in. It's almost like the barrier was too small of an object to trigger those two items.

Information in more appropriate thread:
Model X Crash on US-101 (Mountain View, CA)
tl;dr;
Fom S 6.2 release notes:
Automatic Emergency Braking will stop applying the brakes when you press the accelerator pedal, press the brake pedal, or sharply turn the steering wheel

His keywords are def picking up on the algos/bots, but damn, his jokes are a bit too insane! It would be so great if they actually hit the 2500/week target and this thing turned around, but I feel we are going to be in this price range for quite some time until later this year when the ramp gets to 5000/week...

Reactions: X Yes?
His keywords are def picking up on the algos/bots, but damn, his jokes are a bit too insane! It would be so great if they actually hit the 2500/week target and this thing turned around, but I feel we are going to be in this price range for quite some time until later this year when the ramp gets to 5000/week...
Call me crazy, but that joke was just dumb. The best case for TSA right now is that there is a capital raise imminent, which would soothe the fears brought up in the Moody's downgrade. If they are working on getting institutional support for an equity sale, such silliness is not a good idea.

Call me crazy, but that joke was just dumb. The best case for TSA right now is that there is a capital raise imminent, which would soothe the fears brought up in the Moody's downgrade. If they are working on getting institutional support for an equity sale, such silliness is not a good idea.
I agree. I don't know why he had to take it to that level. I wish he joked on SpaceX / Mars stuff instead. The only thing I can think of is he's being super confident and portraying super confidence, but damn dude unless you are 100% hitting 2500/week be freakin humble! I do enjoy his Mars jokes / roadster etc.

He should have done a joke about how the Starboy and his roadster is leaving mars to come back to Fremont to help with the M3 Ramp...

I agree. I don't know why he had to take it to that level. I wish he joked on SpaceX / Mars stuff instead. The only thing I can think of is he's being super confident and portraying super confidence, but damn dude unless you are 100% hitting 2500/week be freakin humble! I do enjoy his Mars jokes / roadster etc.

He should have done a joke about how the Starboy and his roadster is leaving mars to come back to Fremont to help with the M3 Ramp...

I think he had a conversation with Andrej and decided to take advantage of April 1st to break the algo bots. Further discussion on general/ other thread?

the fact that even on TMC so much of the discussion is within the framework of the false bear narratives (we even have a thread about bankruptcy in this investor section!) shows the extent that the issue is about responding to this phenomena of a flood of intellectually dishonest mass media messaging about Tesla, not cash positions or autopilot capability.

as I wrote a few posts upthread, it seems what is constructive is to focus on how Tesla can respond to the misinformation, rather than have Tesla take steps like a cap raise as if the misinformation were true and those pumping it out are credible in their "coverage" of Tesla.

the fact that even on TMC so much of the discussion is within the framework of the false bear narratives (we even have a thread about bankruptcy in this investor section!) shows the extent that the issue is about responding to this phenomena of a flood of intellectually dishonest mass media messaging about Tesla, not cash positions or autopilot capability.

as I wrote a few posts upthread, it seems what is constructive is to focus on how Tesla can respond to the misinformation, rather than have Tesla take steps like a cap raise as if the misinformation were true and those pumping it out are credible in their "coverage" of Tesla.
The thing is that it is hard to argue against the need for some cash later this year, since it is Moody's questioning the cash position, not just some random "hedge fund manager" who manages his own 401k. There is a lot of hyperbole coming from those corners, but the need for a cash raise isn't just coming from the shrill voices only, but from the calm, thoughtful ones too (Moody's).

With the added hype and attention from last year (Elon's been creating this hype for years now)...you wonder what his end game is now with Autopilot and AI, but I do wonder at times if it's to sue every competitor, negative analyst, and naysayer out of commission for fraud.

If the video was staged, that person is an idiot.

Addendum: If Tesla is the defuncto standard for AI, based not only on how far they are with the technology, but also for the ethics of how to best implement it...then this stock is worth a lot more than we think.

Last edited by a moderator:
I expected to come in to the office and see that all of my shares had been lent out and the interest rate sky high. But basically no change since Friday: most of my shares lent out and interest rate paid of 0.75%.

So there is probably still a good bit of rope available to the short sellers.

No AP shouldn't have seen the batterier. It's specifically designed to ignore it. It assumes the driver is alive, awake and paying attention. No different then any other cruise control.

Autopilot does 2 things.. Follows lane markings and doesn't run into the back of cars. It requires humans for every thing else. Period. Take your eyes of the road at your own risk. I Hope people are learning from these painful lessons.
You clearly have not read Tesla’s description about Autopilot
Here is the screenshot from 23rd March

380410BE-D673-4601-B0CE-09349EC4A319.jpeg

Last edited:
If Institutions can buy enough TSLA shares at these low prices, they are gonna have to lend some more to avoid bankwpcy.
Tomorrow InsideEV release its numbers, I think Tesla at a min will release prior to that ..
I don't know for sure what InsideEV will do, but it's possible if Tesla hasn't announced it by tomorrow already, InsideEV would leave Tesla #s blank until the official delivery report comes out.

Reactions: RobStark
Status
Not open for further replies.