Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Except when it undermines the human spirit and efforts for a more just and sustainable world. Then it is simply greed, and better opportunities are lost. I would suggest shorting some stocks/companies that have consciously opted for putting greed above sustainability and human life - such as VW, DOW/Monsanto, and fossil fuel industries. In those cases shorting can help accelerate change towards a better future.

While I agree in the principles, I tend to be practical in understanding that the market is a greedy place.

Reactions: madodel
Tamberrino is one of lowest rated analysts on Wall Street – ranked #4,527 out of 4,783 analysts on TipRanks with a success rate of 48% and an average return of -13.5%.

If this goes below, 310, time to load more LEAPS ...

If SP keeps going down, there is gonna be a relief rally once numbers are announced.

While I don’t like Goldman Sachs and that they have an idiot in Tamberrino, MS and X deliveries for Jan & Feb were abysmal (Inside EVs has MS at only 800 for January, and 1,125 for Feb., MX was even worse 700 for Jan and 875 for February). With M3 production miss Tesla can very well miss on all three of its deliveries this Q. If this is the case the short term price in about 2 weeks will not be pretty to look at for quite sometime. We will be hearing intense media coverage and scrutiny well into Q2 until MS/X deliveries & M3 ramp gets back on track. Does anyone here have any evidence of MS/X deliveries meeting target this Q? If so please point me to the source.

(Inside EVs has MS at only 800 for January, and 1,125 for Feb., MX was even worse 700 for Jan and 875 for February). With M3 production miss Tesla can very well miss on all three of its deliveries this Q.

You missed out Model S and X getting delivered to all the other countries in the world. InsideEVs repeatedly points out that it is measuring U.S. only. Did you know that?

Do you think that because U.S. deliveries are small in January and February, the rest of the world is also going to be bad? That is one of the oldest rookie mistakes in the book when it comes to Tesla.

Bought some at 315, and I have plenty of dry powder in case it continues to fall.

I think the S/X production numbers should be decent for Q1, even if it's possible deliveries will miss. I'm not worried if the inventories are refilled to some extent, and I'm not worried if some deliveries slip into Q2.

I would like to see Model 3 production improve more rapidly, though.

You missed out Model S and X getting delivered to all the other countries in the world. InsideEVs repeatedly points out that it is measuring U.S. only. Did you know that?

Do you think that because U.S. deliveries are small in January and February, the rest of the world is also going to be bad? That is one of the oldest rookie mistakes in the book when it comes to Tesla.
Or represents a seasoned veteran in the investing industry looking at delivery trends for durable goods locally and worldwide and historical data for the last 5 Years. Very easy to bring out old headlines as they recur annually...

Tesla is known to set very high expectations for new product development and delivery. If they scaled it back and said will make a car with four wheels well they would be ahead of the curve. But can't go to the moon or Mars for that matter by setting achievable goals.

upload_2018-3-19_12-46-12.png

Wtf is going on lately? It seems like a shorting orchestra. When one news starts to dial down another news strikes. Something is fishy. To me it seems like the shorts are throwing everything they got at us.
The stock is vulnerable with investors sitting on the sidelines while Tesla sorts out production issues. I think hedge funds then pile on to keep the stock going in one direction until they overdo it. Evidently, they still haven't overdone it yet. Historically, this is a really really good level to add leverage.

• Informative
Reactions: X Yes?
Wtf is going on lately? It seems like a shorting orchestra. When one news starts to dial down another news strikes. Something is fishy. To me it seems like the shorts are throwing everything they got at us.
EM is just rounding up all the shorts he can find. Once they're rounded up, he then plans to introduce them to his new flame thrower.

The stock is vulnerable with investors sitting on the sidelines while Tesla sorts out production issues. I think hedge funds then pile on to keep the stock going in one direction until they overdo it. Evidently, they still haven't overdone it yet. Historically, this is a really really good level to add leverage.

I'd agree to this statement generally. I'm sitting on the sidelines before throwing more money at TSLA (to average down). The production ramp for Model 3 is hampering TSLA and that's a very good reason why I'm going to wait for a while for TSLA to hit rock bottom.

• Informative
Reactions: 2virgule5

Thanks for pointing that out. Let me try to rephrase, the data shows a drop in sales of S/X in 2018 vs 2017 for the US. Coming in about 800 vehicles lower than 2017. While 800 is not something to fret about, and that this number can be replaced by worldwide deliveries, what happens if it isn’t? Norway is starting to pickup, but they are still well below numbers if I’m not mistaken.

I'd agree to this statement generally. I'm sitting on the sidelines before throwing more money at TSLA (to average down). The production ramp for Model 3 is hampering TSLA and that's a very good reason why I'm going to wait for a while for TSLA to hit rock bottom.
There's nothing wrong with being cautious and certainly no indication this stock is suddenly heading back up right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.