Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
big bun fight for 365 right now. fighting NASDAQ move down. Wanna new high close to trigger a "mini-squeeze" at open tomorrow.

C'mon, TSLA!

EDIT
: NASDAQ crepping up @ 15:55 EST

EDIT2:
365.15 USD +7.18 (2.01%)
Closed: Dec. 10, 4:00 p.m. EST

So how many dollars into new 'close' territory is this Lodger? Will have a smaller effect than on the morning of Dec 7?

How do we know $365.00 triggers margin calls?
well of course we don't KNOW anything, but $365 is the highest closing SP since Sep 2017. It's unlikely any short positions are still open from that period.

What we don't know is the aggregate margin remaining on the pool of open short interest.

What we do know is that at least some of them will be triggered with the new high close today. This is why its called the "mini-sqeeze".

I'll watch the After-hours session for a hint. Compare to Thursday's A/H action.

Cheers!

Couple comments about the 60 minutes interview:
1. It really seems like it was something forced by PR/Corp communications for Elon to do. I got the feeling he really didn't want to be there, didn't have something he wanted to say, almost like a hostage video. No FUD objective here, but I got the feeling that someone in the company said "hey, we really need to get you out there and do some PR".

2. How on earth did Leslie Stahl (sp) get away with NOT wearing one of the custom black Tesla factory hard hats! I've seen so many videos and been in the factory and I've never seen ANYONE not wearing the required hats. Someone somewhere is probably going to see that and give them some form of OSHA violation. ;-)

It's probably in her contract with CBS that she NEVER EVER no matter the situation will wear ANY hat of any kind.
With all the hairspray she uses the Tesla helmet is redundant.

EDIT
Wow, beat me to it by a mile.

I think the combination of hair spray and wig qualifies as a hard hat.

Last edited:
How does this work? 4 days from expiration they'll not reach 400. Why would somebody want to buy these?

I'm not expecting the stock to reach $400 -- although if it did these would pay well. I'm hoping for a small squeeze based on the thesis of some others here and would sell to close the position on a pop tomorrow for a quick buck on premium increase.

well of course we don't KNOW anything, but $365 is the highest closing SP since Sep 2017. It's unlikely any short positions are still open from that period.

What we don't know is the aggregate margin remaining on the pool of open short interest.

What we do know is that at least some of them will be triggered with the new high close today. This is why its called the "mini-sqeeze".

I'll watch the After-hours session for a hint. Compare to Thursday's A/H action.

Cheers!

Keep us posted!

Sorry i missed the day while a busy workload, but came back for the party.

Was reading the last pages up here, while listening to some good stuff to celebrate the day, and just as the trading day closed, this fine part came to my ears:

"God knows, God knows I want to break free...."

RtMD.gif

Can't be a coincidence. :)

-----------
The stock literally has no respect for the SEC and the MEDIA.

Last edited:
With all the hairspray she uses the Tesla helmet is redundant.

EDIT
Wow, beat me to it by a mile.
Some express themselves through their hair, and others through twitter. Don’t put Leslie’s do in the corner (or a hard hat).

Moreover, if she had to wear a hard hat, it would reveal grooming trade secrets. Elon probably agreed, trade secrets are much better then patents.

Last edited:
Jaguar I-Pace caught fire in the Netherlands while parked:

Een kudtkoekiewall. Omdat dat moet, van de kudtkoekiewet.

3bccff7cc8_Jaguar-Fik-2.jpg

0d01815eec_Jaguar-fik-1.jpg

They just started delivering the things, have under 5k on the roads... and one already caught on fire? Seriously?

We're still awaiting the first fire in a consumer Model 3.

Hopefully it was just vandalism... somehow, I really doubt that, though. Jaguar is investigating.

That's the new Jaguar I-Burn. Selling like hotcakes.

but government agencies don't like being snubbed in public and I feel better diversifying a bit more.

But what did they do when Elon tweeted "Short Enrichment Commission"?

What did they do when Elon prepared a one sentence "what-ever" for the explanation to the judge about the validity of the settlement while SEC went on for pages?

Maybe we should have sold some in both of the above two occurrence?

And what would happen if Tesla really buy one of the GM plant? Given the current political environment, I can't imagine any of the main stream media company not covering that. I bet they can get a pretty favorable contract with the union if they really do that.

I'm not expecting the stock to reach $400 -- although if it did these would pay well. I'm hoping for a small squeeze based on the thesis of some others here and would sell to close the position on a pop tomorrow for a quick buck on premium increase.
But then tomorrow it will be 3 days left until expiration. I guess we could get to 370-375 tomorrow. I think it'd be crazy for someone else to hope this $25 gap will close in 3 days.
I don't know, just feels really uncomfortable to me to be that buyer.

Reactions: KarenRei
I can't find this anywhere else, so can't verify.

Tesla readies second US dollar auto ABS deal

The "rated by Moody's" interests me. Does that mean it's possible Tesla gets an upgraded Moody's rating very soon?

Q4 cash balance now looking on track for $4bn. I'm surprised Tesla has taken so long to come back to the ABS market given the size of their vehicle lease assets ($2.2bn). I expect this cash will be put towards offering model 3 lease options in the US in Q1.

ABS are rated separately from the corporate rating, but I agree this could potentially also come with a Moodys update at Tesla corporate level.

Cheers!

then there's the other side of the medal: new shorts may be encouraged by the high closing price to open new positions. And the saga continues....

But then tomorrow it will be 3 days left until expiration. I guess we could get to 370-375 tomorrow. I think it'd be crazy for someone else to hope this $25 gap will close in 3 days.
It doesn't have to close this gap. The option becomes more valuable as the stock price moves closer to the strike (that is, as long as theta is not eating the increase in value; however at least will the option keep its intrinsic value). I assume the buyer waits for the next spike and then closes the position.

But what did they do when Elon tweeted "Short Enrichment Commission"?
In an interview the SEC commissioner showed that he wasn't even aware of the tweet by Musk. He asked during the interview, something like "he said that ?!".

Either way, not sure what they can do. Infact I think it adds to the pressure on them to act on short sellers. Transparency is totally lacking, as we all know. Nasdaq has prposed some transparency rules after these events (may be they were working on these before we don't know). High time SEC did something.

I can't find this anywhere else, so can't verify.

Tesla readies second US dollar auto ABS deal

The "rated by Moody's" interests me. Does that mean it's possible Tesla gets an upgraded Moody's rating very soon?

Unlikely. Ratings Agencies have a few different credit ratings. One for companies/countries/entities as a whole, and another for bonds - which are denoted by the (sf) suffix meaning "structured finance". The ABS deals look at the structured finance part of the rating which is separate from the Tesla Motors rating.

The vast majority of the analysis Moody's do for a securitisation is stress testing the cashflows expected from the loans being securitised. This is where they pretend Tesla's are worthless after 5 years and the big one goes off under the San Andreas fault to see if investors still get their money back.

However, "Underwriter quality" plays a minority role in the analysis - the more dodgy they think the underwriter is, the lower the amount of bonds they will rate. My guess is that they would be lazy and just use Tesla's current corporate credit rating as a proxy for their underwriting quality rather than re-rate the company. It is likely that two different divisions rate the securitisation and the company.

Agreed. I don't invest in anything that I personally don't believe in.

Status
Not open for further replies.