Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, so disappointed in the New York Times.

It was so obviously a skewed piece focused on "scoop" headline rather than an honest fair reporting of the interview.

And I still get home delivery... This week was tough, everyone morning, another hit piece.

Why am I paying all this money for this nonsense? May as well get the Journal at this point.

Is there any major paper accurately covering what's going on with Tesla?

The difference between the vast majority of happy costumers that love their cars, and the "chaos" portrayed in the media is just ri-god-dam-diculous at this point.

What a wretched day.

IF the world were as it was - to mix slightly the decades - I would call up my Uncle ________, who was a certain NYTimes editor in the 1950s and say “____, this can not stand”. And he would call Arthur Sulzberger or, in latter days, Abe, and say, in that inimitable and unmistakeable New Hampshire Jewish (yes, there is such a creature) accent, “Punch? You have let me and the world down. You’ve let some snot-nosed fella - he appears to call himself David Gelles but by his writing even that is suspect - not only write a hash of baloney but he’s bragging about it on Twooder. Let’s not have this happen again!”

And it would not.

I think Elon wanted to explain his intention of the tweet (transparency for the mass) and his rationale of going private to reporters when he agrees to the NYT interview. All he said make sense if you put it under the context of going private to reduce financial incentive for hurting Tesla.

I think he just underestimated how wicked these 'reporters' can be.

• Love
Reactions: neroden and MikeC
My understanding of life is that bad people tend to get away with their misdeeds, Karma doesn't work. So he won't get anything coming for him. You need to actively seek revenge for karma to work. example Peter Thiel.

Now that I think about it more. Tesla doesn't need to go private. They need a scary businessman like Tim Cook. The dark side to the light side. I vote for Peter Thiel as COO.

That’s a difference of philosophy and belief. In my world, what goes around comes around. I believe that, I’ve seen it and so I respect it. That’s just how I live my life and it has served me well.

Now technically, Karma can come in a bajillion different ways including a vengeful COO. I’m just not that vengeful COO. But I’ll support one who fights the good fight on behalf of Elon/Tesla/The longs etc...

Actually, this entire scenario smacks of classic bullying.
Something, everybody & society swears needs to be abolished!.
Yet, here it is and and our armchair experts are chiming in and participating. Kinda like, screw poor little Elon, teach him to try and play on our block.
Everyone knows that our society thinks this kind of treatment of Tesla is fine as long as we are making money.

BUT, this is Elon's life's work and we, the longs are rooting for him but we can't seem to be able to help him fight the liars and half truths.
Does Tesla need an adult running the company?
If Elon Musk left Tesla, the stock would go up: Expert
TSLA Headlines | Tesla, Inc. Stock - Yahoo Finance
Tesla reportedly gets a subpoena from SEC after Musk’s privatization tweet

This 'Bulling" is so much more than Tesla & making money, ask why is it ok to post half truths and out n' out lies but when a CEO is optimistic, we hold him to him to EXACTING facts and details?

EDIT: I must ask, What the hell is wrong with our society when we do this?

i agree. it’s sad. and social media (fb and twtr) are accelerating the destruction of our society, because to me, unbridled, there’s more bad than good there. (i’ve said they need to be forced to verify accts and rid themselves of bots at the temporary expense of DAUs and MAUs.)

this latest chapter (basically this year) of the saga has me feeling bitter and angry with the system. our sh!thead media, slave to ads and influence. journalism is opinion, and openly, they don’t even hide their bias...they goad and gloat publicly (twitter). many are just hateful and confrontational. true journalism is now for the ‘losers’. no money in it, because our dumbed down society doesn’t have an appetite for it. they wouldn’t know how to value it, no surpise, given our dwindling level of education.

this has further pushed me to the conclusion anti-elon is anti-progress, anti-future, and anti-american. and i don’t mean that to discount the rest of the world, it’s because we are the loudest, and our system embraces it. shameful. it’s old, unproductive, and needs changing. but it’s not happening.
what can we do beside what we here, are trying to do?

If you are a NYT subscriber you can comment on the recent Elon article. I did. Although that article is slanted and does a disservice to Elon and Tesla, I will not be canceling my subscription. The Times is still one of the best sources of information in a world that needs more information not less. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

You know their report 'in this topic' is biased to the extend of extorsion, possibility driven by an agenda. You know this because years of following Tesla and all the research put into it.

If you're a bystander not knowing Tesla you probably think they are reporting the truth and exposing the problem in this billionaire's rotten life, which doesn't surprise you at all as he is one of the super Rich, root of our problems.

Now image some other topics you're not familiar with. That probably includes most of their reportings. How do you know they are telling the truth? How can you trust them still having a moral standard at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.