Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But from what we have seen Tesla/the board hasn't entered into an agreement yet. So there is no need to file an 8k.

Or are you saying that Elon is not allowed to conduct non-Tesla business. (Obviously he can as he conducts business as SpaceX/The Boring Company/Neuralink/etc. as well as Tesla.) So I assume he can conduct business personally which is what he has done in "securing funding".

honestly i have no idea the legality regarding the point of view whether he was acting for himself vs company. i hadn’t even pondered that. if, for whatever reason an 8k isn’t required yet, well, it’s going to be a drawn out bumpy ride considering the last 14 hours of trading.

Reactions: MP3Mike
In all seriousness, I really hope no one is investing any amount they can't afford to lose. No matter which side you are on.

This is not normal, and volatility might be extreme either way

True, but I can sit on my common shares for decades - only lose when you sell in this situation.

Important part:
"The SEC inquiry is preliminary and won’t necessarily lead to anything more formal. Tesla, which hasn’t been accused of wrongdoing, didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment."

The market seems to be speculating that the inquiry is rather serious, contrary to the facts.

honestly i have no idea the legality regarding the point of view whether he was acting for himself vs company. i hadn’t even pondered that. if, for whatever reason an 8k isn’t required yet, well, it’s going to be a drawn out bumpy ride considering the last 14 hours of trading.

i actually agree with @Reality for once (maybe 2 or 3x actually) that this price action is kinda unreal.

Important part:
"The SEC inquiry is preliminary and won’t necessarily lead to anything more formal. Tesla, which hasn’t been accused of wrongdoing, didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment."

The market seems to be speculating that the inquiry is rather serious, contrary to the facts.

A big part of that is media outlets reporting it as if it is serious. You only find out the truth if you really dig into the stories(and follow the links to the source articles).

I still have this sitting around from the good old SCTY days:

CALL (TSLA1) TESLA MOTORS INC COM JAN 18 19 $35 Cost Basis $1.22 Last Price $6.00 +393.48%

But, this is only a bit of solace from the losses on the underlying.

I think this situation is a lot more clean cut than SCTY mess, but also I don't perceive it as any less risky.

Reactions: ZachShahan
i actually agree with @Reality for once (maybe 2 or 3x actually) that this price action is kinda unreal.

Don't know which rocks you folks have been living under, but $TSLA price action has always been unreal. I guess that's a result of it being heavily shorted and under constant attack by many dark forces.

But fear not, the company is in a good place and the products are highly sought-after. We will prevail.

Last edited:
Considering that SP went below the Saudi announcement level, could it be that the whole going private move have spooked the Saudi investor and they are dumping their shares now causing this drop ? Maybe that was the point of Elon going public with the plan there and then ?

Nah, they could pull out with 420, why would they dump it now?

Something that wasn't mentioned before, I think small investors are driven by various non-rational forces a lot and at the go-no go decision point it would be difficult for a lot of people to go for the delayed gratification of owning Tesla in a private fund vs. immediate gratification of cashing in some serious gains at $420.

Reactions: ZachShahan
2fkvcj.jpg

107 pages / 2.130 posts, and counting

That's why I trade with one brokerage and let TurboTax figure it out!
Funny I have to correct turbotax after direct import each year or pay a ton in undue taxes. :confused:
Last time I looked, few years back, TurboTax didn't know how to treat options for Canadian tax purposes.
Or possibly, there wasn't a way for me to upload data in an easy way. I just remember walking away with the feeling it's not helping me with anything.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: neroden and wipster
Yeah but did you read my post lol. That's never been done before and the government may not go for it, you may be left in the dust my friend! I'm actually trying to help you by giving you a heads up! Musk may or may not be allowed to do it.

Never been done before, really?

Space X employees have stock based compensation. Most of them are not millionaires. What about Uber?

Understandable. We just don't want to jump to conclusions prematurely.
Correct, but some ppl are presuming he can just do it, and that's jumping to a conclusion the other way, everyone should know the full picture. Be ready for anything so you can make the best choices with your money! It's an exciting time, no matter what we should be in great shape as longs is my take. (Not invesment advice ever and I'm long tsla) :)

Yeah but did you read my post lol. That's never been done before and the government may not go for it, you may be left in the dust my friend! I'm actually trying to help you by giving you a heads up! Musk may or may not be allowed to do it.

He said he's already doing it with SpaceX. Why can he do it there but not with Tesla?

Status
Not open for further replies.