Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
he wrote it pretty clear. no need to ask again?

Names. If apple or google is on board.. you'd think sp would be 419 is a second. They cant buy now.. as it is not public knowledge.

Sorry, wasn't meaning to be difficult. I was thinking private investors, not corporations with additional reporting requirements .
I would think it would be at 419, which is why I'm moving funds as quickly as possible. If others want to make it a bargin by having a lower ask, so be it.

I interpreted "good morning" tweet as "wake up", as in, a wake up call to all the shorts and other haters as to where Tesla valuation actually is.

Now something I don't understand here: if shorts are forced to cover somewhere between close to all time high and $420, how is this already not a short burn? Most of them are in at way below that. People are talking about this as if it's some kind of a gift to shorts. It's a sizable loss plain and simple, yet people here are talking as if it's kind of "not good enough" and they want a squeeze. Shorts were short because they wanted profit, and they are getting something quite different and no chance of recourse. Sure a further squeeze that happen but if TSLA never drops below 360 before the deal is finalized, that's bad enough isn't it???

Money is the root of all evil. Apparently it’s not good enough for several people.

If all shares are recalled pre-vote, there is no 420 in play at all.
If all shares are not recalled pre-vote and it takes effect on the vote date, there are mno shares for shorts to cover with.
If all shares are not recalled pre-vote and the conversion date is after the vote, there is a n infinite buy order at 420 in play untill the coversion.
So shorts will need to buy on the open market, have no way to cover, or buy on the 420 floored open market.

I mean, always with trading if you short on open market you are subject to unlimited losses. I guess my problem with the post was that it was some sort of 'free money' or 'safety' situation for longs, combined with this idea that the shorts were going to have to buyback for like 1k because no longs wanted to sell during the LBO or something. Maybe I just read it wrong I didnt mean to attack the guy, just that everyone should be careful. YOu trade you are subject to lose all you invest on both sides. There are no floors other than $0 for longs

Reactions: Johan
Institutional Holders can, of course, if they wont..
Share price should be fair for sure, but that price is important for buyout investor, not for share holders who stay.

I believe that some institutional holders cannot hold private equities, others may have liquidity issues doing so. But this is the right forum to be proven wrong, provided that I am. :);)

So if my thesis is right, they may vote no if they think the price is not hight enough, as it'd be relevant for them, as they wouldn't go private.

Unlikely, but possible, IMO.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden and Drax7
A buyout deal to take a public company private is not a "scheme to manipulate the price or availability of stock in order to cause a short squeeze". If it was the case then it would be illegal to take any public stock with a significant short interest private - which would be an absurd outcome.

In fact Elon even warned shorts that they have only so much time before their position blows up. They didn't take him seriously. In fact Elon warned them two days ago again by announcing the buyout deal - shorts can still close very close to where the price was before Elon made his announcement.

Also, Tesla has fiduciary duty to their shareholders, which by logical extension means that Tesla's obligations are the exact opposite of the financial interests of short sellers. So if Tesla does something that hurts short sellers, such as increasing profits, or taking the company private - too bad, the SEC won't shed a tear for them.

Also, we have news he approached SoftBank a year or so ago about taking Tesla private. Clearly, this is something he has been thinking about and working on for a long time.

Likely needed some sign of production success and stability to get an agreement secured. Got that and is sprinting to the doors to get it done before the stock price jumps on Q3 & Q4 earnings. Benefits him that the shorts continue to assume he's lying even as he's touching the finish line tape.

I vote for clueless.

Actually, it’s their audience that is clueless, or bloodthirsty or both. They are just playing to their audience.

Follow the incentives. Journalists’ incentives are ratings or clicks or eyeballs.

Journalists’ incentives are also getting the story right. I know that's not a popular concept these days, but I do contend it's true. However, I think many of the financial press covering Tesla are as brainwashed by "the smear" as anyone else. So, I think they are making honest mistakes.

Reactions: Matias and SGordB
Benefits him that the shorts continue to assume he's lying even as he's touching the finish line tape.

I asked this weeks ago and got crickets from bears (mixaphorically speaking). Where is the evidence that Elon is a liar coming from? Excessive optimism, sure. But outright dishonesty? Show me.

An 8K has a 4 business day filing requirement, not due till Monday.
4 days from directors board decision to go with Musk plan. They "consider" Musk plans yet, no decision no 8K form.

Musk tweet is a declaration of intention. It would be constitute a problem only if he lies. He has to present some clarifications for SEC but there are no existing requirements for him or SEC to disclose publicly details of preliminary arrangements.
I remind that 8k form is a report/ disclosure of significant events.

I can understand why people would be nervous. With all the FUD out there and lack of information I can see people getting out instead of taking the risk.

If I didn't follow this thread and inherently trust Elon when he says/tweets something, I'd be scared & confused. I think that's the only way to read the movement today. People are spooked from all the chatter of SEC investigations and all the claims Elon is lying or might be lying. #Insane

It seems like it.

Given the press right now, I also have to assume that many of them think Elon is going to jail for saying that he might take Tesla private and has funding secured.

Interesting times...
This is the only narrative that seems to be left for short's. The Bloomberg tracker shows more than 5k a week M3's.
So unless EM is a liar and a thief (And as been posted many times here it is clear he is not!)Tesla WILL go private.

Reactions: ZachShahan
Status
Not open for further replies.