Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trying to pick up Foundation at Texas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seeing that Texas is reading to deliver first Foundation CT tomorrow,
I am now scrambling. for tax purposes (and my burning desire as well ;) ) I really need to take delivery of the CT by 12/31/2023
I am now placing my delivery address as Dallas TX (a lifelong friend's address) in an attempt to try to give myself the best chance to accomplish pre 1/1/2024 delivery.

I am OK with a road trip back to my home state of Oregon. In fact, I think it would be fun! Not sure if they will allow me to drive back to Oregon with a trip permit. But I gotta try!

Cheers!

beewang

Seeing that Texas is reading to deliver first Foundation CT tomorrow,
I am now scrambling. for tax purposes (and my burning desire as well ;) ) I really need to take delivery of the CT by 12/31/2023
I am now placing my delivery address as Dallas TX (a lifelong friend's address) in an attempt to try to give myself the best chance to accomplish pre 1/1/2024 delivery.

I am OK with a road trip back to my home state of Oregon. In fact, I think it would be fun! Not sure if they will allow me to drive back to Oregon with a trip permit. But I gotta try!

Cheers!

beewang
What tax reasons? Business expense? All Cybertrucks delivered to date don't qualify for the federal tax credit.

• Funny
Reactions: beewang
Reactions: hill and beewang
Update:
Its now the last day work day for 2023. I threw in the towel on trying to get a cybertruck before 1/1/2024 and moved my pickup location back to Salem Oregon Delivery Center from Plano Texas.

Also, I was told that thus far there has been 2 deliveries of CT in my home state of Oregon (one occurred yesterday in Salem). I may have screwed myself from getting the first CT spot.

Oh well...

beewang

• Informative
Reactions: Benjamin Brooks