Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TRYING TO GET MONEY BACK FROM TESLA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have purchased my second Tesla model S and cannot fault the car or their warranty ethics. My problem is I paid a deposit to purchase my new car but had more than enough equity in my px so my deposit and a small amount of money was to be returned. Many emails, later, promises and bank details still no money.Getting fed up of chasing cannot seem to get any sense from anyone in the UK at all. Superb product with superb service at centres, pity the main office is so poor

I can offer two trains of thought on this:

(1) This is your secret piggy-bank that your better half does not know exists. Eventually, the cash will come through, but there's no hurry. Okay, so you missed Valentine's day, but Christmas is coming up...

(2) Consider it as credit against the future goodies and add-ons that you will decide that you can't live without. Eventually you'll buy those chrome mud flaps or curb feelers, and you can tell them to take it out of your un-returned deposit.

-- Ardie
My current deposit with Tesla for a Model 3 is *not* a secret. She knows, and I think, she will probably claim the Model 3 for herself on its eventual delivery

You don't say how long it's been, but I've had a couple of reasons to have money returned over the years, and I have always gotten it.

Yeah, it has taken a while (like, 3-6 weeks), and like all things Tesla there is no communication in the interim.

One thing they teach in business school is to collect fast and pay slow. It's routine for many companies. I do not agree with it, because the reasoning and data are all based on bank statements. It's far harder to measure the worth of a good vendor or customer. Sometimes they are worth more than the money saved.

I can offer two trains of thought on this:

(1) This is your secret piggy-bank that your better half does not know exists. Eventually, the cash will come through, but there's no hurry. Okay, so you missed Valentine's day, but Christmas is coming up...

(2) Consider it as credit against the future goodies and add-ons that you will decide that you can't live without. Eventually you'll buy those chrome mud flaps or curb feelers, and you can tell them to take it out of your un-returned deposit.

-- Ardie
My current deposit with Tesla for a Model 3 is *not* a secret. She knows, and I think, she will probably claim the Model 3 for herself on its eventual delivery
Definitely not a secret, I also have a model 3 on order as does my son, just really hated being owed money. I always pay people straight away its just the way I run my buisiness

I ordered a powerwall from tesla I decided to canceled the order because the offer some state incentives and timeframe of delivery wich none of the where done so I ask for my money back, it has been more than 2 months and talking with diferent people and they don't resolve anything, any suggestions