Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trunk beeps at me when I walk away

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2020 7 seater and when I press the button on the trunk to close it, and i try to walk away, it beeps at me and stops closing. i find that I have to stand there while it closes. is this how it is supposed to work? does it have something to do with safety for someone in the vehicle? or is it a bug on my particular vehicle?

I think it's saying something is blocking the path for it to close properly.

I have had mine do that and there was nothing in the way. Slight pressure on trunk lid to assist with the close and it returned to normal operation.

I have a 2020 7 seater and when I press the button on the trunk to close it, and i try to walk away, it beeps at me and stops closing. i find that I have to stand there while it closes. is this how it is supposed to work? does it have something to do with safety for someone in the vehicle? or is it a bug on my particular vehicle?
Check the seals on the roof of the car. Mine started doing this and had a mobile service scheduled for a few other things and the guy noticed the seal was bent.