Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking short interest

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My shares came home as well. So at least for me, Fidelity is now paying 0% to borrow TSLA :)

Ah well. Still - just 2 months of interest from lending the shares was worth moving the accounts for me, and I'm hoping we see the shorts pile back into TSLA after the SCTY merger is done.

• Informative
Reactions: GoTslaGo
Brief update - Fidelity is showing ~78k shares available to short and charging 1% to lend out those shares.

My personal shares have not been borrowed by Fidelity since the last update.

I'm very interest to see the shares outstanding report when that next gets published (right around now I believe).

• Informative
Reactions: Alketi
TSLA is listed today as hard-to-borrow and has been as long as I've been watching (last few weeks of my shares not being lent out, couple months before that when Fidelity had borrowed my shares and lent them out).

However we're still in the state we've been in recently - Fidelity is charging 1% annual interest to lend shares to those that want to Sell Short, while not needing to borrow shares from me (and by proxy, all other retail investors) to have shares available to lend.

That week or two of being paid 14% was lovely - I miss it terribly.

• Informative
Reactions: GoTslaGo
IB pays 50% of their lending rate. Fidelity pays around 1/2, but really, the rate they pay to borrow shares and the rate they pay to lend shares are set separately. Over longer periods of time, Fidelity's borrow rate usually settles just over 50%, but that includes periods where it's under 50%, and periods where it's more like 60%.

I'm ready for Fidelity's borrow rate to go up too :)

Fidelity:
9:40AMEST 129,958 @ 2.5%
10:00AMEST 127,358 @ 2.5%

At 9:40AMEST:

$TSLA volume 305K -- @vgrinshpun's 163,365 Fidelity shares to short borrowed drawn down this morning probably had some effect there.

And now at 9:43AM, it looks like they shot their first wad, wacked the SP down from premorning raise (only) halfway down into yesterday's close. (We filled their late afternoon gap.) They still have quite a bit to use to keep knocking it down, though. Maybe 4x-5x today?

This week's FUD is weak. As soon as longs read into it, they'll shrug off the shorts, I think, although how much remains to be seen.

Last edited: