Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Track Mode - In version 9?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's not in any version I've seen anybody get.

It's supposedly specific to the M3 P3D+ only as well, so not sure if it's be included in a general SW update anyway rather than a standalone offering to P3D+ owners only when it's ready.

It's not in any version I've seen anybody get.

It's supposedly specific to the M3 P3D+ only as well, so not sure if it's be included in a general SW update anyway rather than a standalone offering to P3D+ owners only when it's ready.
I was getting my hopes up that it would roll out with V9. :( I assume it will be a while still then to let V9 stabilize.

So no track mode in the first release of V9, anyone want to place some bets as to when we see it?

AFAIK track mode isn't a general feature- it's a feature specific to the P3D+ only, so I expect it wouldn't be in a general release, it'd be its own OTA push to P3D+ owners only... (and it's still unclear if it's free or not even for them)

o I expect it wouldn't be in a general release, it'd be its own OTA push to P3D+ owners only...

I don't think they will have a specific software that only P3D+ can run, they would instead include track mode in the software package that all cars get and it's only activated by another configuration option set on the car (like how you don't have a specific software for Ludicrous mode).

Either way, i'm starting to get a bit concerned we haven't heard anything about it from Tesla besides them showing it off to the media types

I don't think they will have a specific software that only P3D+ can run, they would instead include track mode in the software package that all cars get and it's only activated by another configuration option set on the car (like how you don't have a specific software for Ludicrous mode).

Why would they waste bandwidth to push an update that 99% of the fleet can't use to that 99% instead of just the 1% who can?

Speaking of track mode... when am I getting that spoiler I paid for?
Tesla is desperate to show a profit in Q3 and to save cash. They have clearly put all extra stuff on hold. Now that Q3 is over I expect they will start up adding infrastructure and employees again.

So they are starting to make spoilers now probably. I don't expect mine before the end of the year.

Tesla is desperate to show a profit in Q3 and to save cash. They have clearly put all extra stuff on hold. Now that Q3 is over I expect they will start up adding infrastructure and employees again.

So they are starting to make spoilers now probably. I don't expect mine before the end of the year.
So you think they are making them themselves and not outsourcing it?

Maybe, but I think either way the machines don't start running until they have free cash. I'm expecting the same thing happened with hiring support staff and installing new super chargers.
They only problem I have with that is that we did already pay for them so they have the cash. I'd rather like to think they are waiting on a slow supplier vs they mismanaged the money.