Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have some 18" Replika 187's on back order. Winter rubber (Yokohama BluEarth V905) also ordered/delivered and waiting for the rims to show up. While I wait, what is everyone doing for your TPMS? I would like to spend as little $ as possible and have black stems. I have seen some on Amazon and Ebay but I have read conflicting reports if these work out of the box, if they need programming, and if I need a clamp/snap on, or if it even matters.

My understanding at this point is that any TPMS that is 433MHz should work and not require programming. After they are installed the computer should recognize the new tires and sensors on its own. Am I right?

Here are the options I have found this morning on ebay:

$144. ITM. Snap In. Black stems.
$150. ITM. Clamp on. Black Stems.
$215. Huf Group. Black Stems.

Last edited:
I have some 18" Replika 187's on back order. Winter rubber (Yokohama BluEarth V905) also ordered/delivered and waiting for the rims to show up. While I wait, what is everyone doing for your TPMS? I would like to spend as little $ as possible and have black stems. I have seen some on Amazon and Ebay but I have read conflicting reports if these work out of the box, if they need programming, and if I need a clamp/snap on, or if it even matters.

My understanding at this point is that any TPMS that is 433MHz should work and not require programming. After they are installed the computer should recognize the new tires and sensors on its own. Am I right?

Here are the options I have found this morning on ebay:

$144. ITM. Snap In. Black stems.
$150. ITM. Clamp on. Black Stems.
$215. Huf Group. Black Stems.
I have the metal non-snap in version of the ebay ones and they did work. I believe the programming only needs to set them to the proper frequency, though there is another thread where someone shows the programming process and it involves assigning IDs to the sensors....didn't pay too much attention since I already had mine and they worked. If you go with the black rubber ones they will work.

Another user here @5_+JqckQttqck had an extra set of the rubber snap in ones he was selling, FYI....

I have the metal non-snap in version of the ebay ones and they did work. I believe the programming only needs to set them to the proper frequency, though there is another thread where someone shows the programming process and it involves assigning IDs to the sensors....didn't pay too much attention since I already had mine and they worked. If you go with the black rubber ones they will work.

Another user here @5_+JqckQttqck had an extra set of the rubber snap in ones he was selling, FYI....
I have the same metal ones from ebay. Work for me, Costco programmed them but didn't put the wheels on. When I put them on the car prompted me to start calibrating and it worked 2 minutes into the first drive with them.

Attachments

• 56C17035-8533-4D87-91D5-A6C2012C15DC.jpeg
    56C17035-8533-4D87-91D5-A6C2012C15DC.jpeg
    490.7 KB · Views: 141
  • 8DFFE7C0-3343-4FD1-9AAD-7C709814909D.jpeg
    8DFFE7C0-3343-4FD1-9AAD-7C709814909D.jpeg
    358.8 KB · Views: 92
  • 9B1F2FD7-43FB-4F08-9F8A-1FE95DF49087.jpeg
    9B1F2FD7-43FB-4F08-9F8A-1FE95DF49087.jpeg
    368.9 KB · Views: 88
Reactions: fidodido