Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Touch Screen UI Survey - Grad School Project

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey fellow owners and enthusiasts! I wanted to post a quick thread about an upcoming survey that my team and I are preparing for feedback on the current touch screen UI in our cars. This is for a graduate program studying Human Computer Interface. We'd like to get an idea of what we can improve on the UI in that respect. I hope to see lots of replied. It will come in a Google doc format. Will update once it is solidified. In the meantime, a few words on the following question would be AWESOME! :)

• What do you find the easiest to operate? How does this feature affect your driving?
  • What do you find the most difficult to operate? How does this feature affect your driving?

• What do you find the easiest to operate? How does this feature affect your driving?
  • What do you find the most difficult to operate? How does this feature affect your driving?

For driving, muscle memory is best. You can keep your eyes on the road and effortlessly push the horn on the center of the steering wheel without no problem.

Tesla's high tech of turning almost every physical controls into a computer screen display virtual button requires drivers to take their eyes off the road just to find the horn, turn signals in 2021 and later Model S and X steering yokes...

Virtual buttons on a display screen are best for Autonomous Vehicles because the operators don't have to keep an eye on the road.

Reactions: N1L CO2