Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TORONTO to KINGSTON super charger in my 70D... will a 70D make it there?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There was some chatter on Plugshare that this is now for hotel guests only, but I suppose a meal in the restaurant would qualify. I've been turned away from at least one station that was marked as "public" so what I do now, if there's any doubt, is call ahead and make sure.

There's a sign saying "hotel guests only", but in reality they're fine with you using it... except hotel guests get priority.

From what I've heard, the sign was put up because someone was a jerk about it. They wouldn't move their car so an actual hotel guest could use the charger. Idiots like that ruin things for everyone.

Be good. Please DO have a meal in the hotel if you use it. Make it worthwhile for Best Western to continue to make it available.

Be good. Please DO have a meal in the hotel if you use it. Make it worthwhile for Best Western to continue to make it available.

I will second that sentiment. I always try to patronize companies that install public EVSE and will make a point of thanking them for it as well. Haven't done it in a while, but I've also tweeted out thank-you notes, and companies really seem appreciative of the gesture.

Sorry to hear that some jerk necessitated the signage. EV owners are on the leading edge of this new technology and should know that we have to be good ambassadors for the cause.

On the original topic: Yesterday on my way from Toronto to Kingston, I was doing 120km/h and my consumption average was 195kwh. The A/C was ON between 20 - 21°C (range mode was OFF). The weather was cloudy and the temperature was around 21°C. I was heading east and the wind was south at 6km/h.

I noticed that the consumption is at its best when the temperature is between 16 - 21°C (not raining, obviously)

I started with a 95% battery and had around 11% (I hope I'm not wrong on this) when I arrived.

On the original topic: Yesterday on my way from Toronto to Kingston, I was doing 120km/h and my consumption average was 195kwh. The A/C was ON between 20 - 21°C (range mode was OFF). The weather was cloudy and the temperature was around 21°C. I was heading east and the wind was south at 6km/h.

I noticed that the consumption is at its best when the temperature is between 16 - 21°C (not raining, obviously)

I started with a 95% battery and had around 11% (I hope I'm not wrong on this) when I arrived.

Do you find going the other way, Kingston to Toronto, your consumption is usually worse? I always find this, I assume there's generally a West to East wind?