Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toronto EVfest

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the shout out Dave...nice to meet you and to catch up with David Smith & Prime Mover again!

Sorry Doug_G couldn't make it down...maybe next year we'll have a few Model S units at the event.

I thought it was nice of Fisker to set up an information table there...too bad they couldn't get a vehicle up for a viddy...probably next year!
I did get a chance to connect with Dave, but I did not meet the owner of the other red roadster - suspect that was djp! Thanks Jaff for working EV Fest into your Schedule and making the point of being there! How was the drive home?

Do you or the other's that came by, think I selected a good Location (The Evergreen Brick Works) and a good Venue (The Holcim Gallery) for the Event this year?

Sorry Doug_G couldn't make it down...maybe next year we'll have a few Model S units at the event.

At the very last minute a possibility for charging came to light. It might have worked but frankly it was looking a little dodgy. The campground would be closing for the season on the day of my return trip, I'd be coming through that night, no one has tried charging a Roadster there before, and there was no "Plan B".

Hopefully inter-city travel will get easier. Tesla was saying they were going to put an HPC at a Kingston hotel this summer, but they backed away from that. Now they say they are negotiating with Canadian Tire to put fast DC chargers and HPCs at On The Go stations along the 401. I have to say I'm not holding my breath...

No Robert, djp bought the blue Roadster from the guy who had to sell it (as he was moving out of country this past summer)...the other red Roadster belonged to another "Dave"...David Smith

Thanks for organizing the event again this year Robert...the venue served us well...the drive home was fine.

I'd like to think that for next year (or the year after), we could get a venue that would encourage the major EV manufacturers to bring two vehicles to the event...one for static display, and one to offer rides to prospective customers...it would take some doing, but I think it would be possible... be great to have a few Fiskers & Model S units there...

I did get a chance to connect with Dave, but I did not meet the owner of the other red roadster - suspect that was djp! Thanks Jaff for working EV Fest into your Schedule and making the point of being there! How was the drive home?

Do you or the other's that came by, think I selected a good Location (The Evergreen Brick Works) and a good Venue (The Holcim Gallery) for the Event this year?

Another option for Tesla Test Drives - Charleston Premier Watches - M.P. Demetre Jewelers Offering Test Drives of the Electric Tesla Roadster - a bit South of Toronto though! Charleston S.C.!
Thanks to David Smith for sliding in to Visit EV Fest with a Roadster! I am told this same venue, the 'Holcim Gallery' of which they are so very proud, is going to have the shortest Kiln set removed over the next year. meaning - it would offer more room, but - also - it was suggested by my other long distance EV Driver (ED) with his Suzuki Motorbike EV, to have it a bit earlier - like 2 weeks earlier next year, to avoid some of the cold weather he had to drive in for this trip!

By the Way Jaff, Did you measure and not the Kms from your home to the Kilns for EV Fest? and so - then I missed seeing the Blu Roadster! Looks Like I will need to ad Security Cameras for next year - so I don't miss seeing these things!! :)

I think the cost of a Charging point for the Tesla is the smallest issue, as to putting one in Kingston, but rather the property on which to put it is a bigger issue! Anyone got Tesla Friends at the University there?? Maybe that is the best place to encourage the first Tesla HPC for Kingston!

Last edited:
Jaff, if you know the route you took to EV Fest, maybe you can poke it into Google maps and update us as to the trip distance to, and From EV Fest! Your Home Address to 550 Bayview Avenue, adjusted for a few points along the way to match your trip route, if required. Part of the info to go with the coming Trophy - for Longest EV Distance of an OEM EV to EV Fest 2011!

Beyond that - we are closing in on a confirmed date for EV Fest 2012, still at the Evergreen Brick Works but in the Pavilions in Early September. And - I hope to get the photo Gallery up and online for EV Fest 2011 soon. Many Pictures collected, some need editing, and best selections needed, among other things!

The New Venue potential - allows for more than one Static, and still a Ride & Drive outside. More available 110V Power Plugs, so more people can show Videos, (Laptops, digital Picture Frames, or Flat Screen TV's - DVD, or maybe even internet!) Should be room for more than double the exhibitor count of EV Fest 2011, and still have room for a small food court possible!

Big Goal for the next 10 months - get some EVSE chargers installed at the choke points Kingston, London, and a few other points - Hamilton, etc.

EV Fest Electric Vehicle Show 2012, or EV Fest 2012 for short, is coming! The Date is Picked, and a new Venue at the same location as EV Fest 2011 has been picked! The Contract is nearly secured!

Plan on an earlier date: September 9th, 2012, and more than twice the space! Lots of room for a Model 'S' and a fleet of Roadsters! Early enough that campsites will still be open, and warmer for Those who like the wind in their face!

Last edited:
EV Fest 2012 Electric Vehicle Show is Progressing, and I think Doug now has a working plan to make it down for September 9th, 2012 to join us - since his car is currently on Display at the Toronto Auto Show! Great Job Doug!

I sent out my first email update last week - you can see it here: First EV Fest Update -
If you want to be on the list for the next update - you can register from this page via the link there!

Our exhibitor list is growing, and I expect an update on that this weekend! Keep an eye on the blog at EV Fest Blog, and the list will soon be on the website at EV Fest Electric Vehicle Show, Toronto's Premier Electric Vehicle Festival as well.

Last edited:
Wanted - White Tesla Model S - for Owner Exhibit at EV Fest 2012!

I am searching for an owner of the Tesla Model S, Willing to Exhibit it as a Personal Vehicle at EV Fest 2012, here in Toronto, at the Evergreen Brick Works on September 9, 2012!

Also wanted - a Rainbow of Roadsters - owners cars - to join the collection in a special area at EV Fest for the Leader of the modern EV! I envision a Rainbow of Tesla Roadsters (one of each color!), surrounding or flanking a White Tesla Model S!

Anyone with any other Roadster ideas for EV Fest - I am happy to hear of them.
- Maybe some Pre-Show Race at Cayuga?
- Going for maximum range at Race Speeds on Sunset Raceway, North of Toronto?
- Energy Efficiency competition between a Roadster and a Volt?

Robert Weekley
Lead Developer
EV fest 2012

Quiet on this thread for a long time, but with just over 4 weeks to go - time to ramp up the Buzz! With the Get Amped Model S Tour In Town - a few will get their groove on for the Model S that did not have it before, but I have just discovered it myself! Actually - from a blog post of sorts on the GM-Volt Forum!

EV Fest 2012 Now Has Toyota Canada Committed, and a total of over 20 Exhibitors, with some homework for me to update the list of exhibitors on the EV Fest Website now that we are nearly 25!

Still looking for representation from the Tesla Field, as Jaff Had to pick a priority in personal matters - and - I got the back burner!
See EV Fest 2012 Electric Vehicle Show Toronto's Electric Vehicle Festival for info - List of Exhibitors currently under the 'About' Tab.