Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Topfit Dashcam for Model S AP2, free plus shipping

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased the Topfit Dashcam AP2 for my 2018 Model S, which I no longer own. I owned the AP1 version of this dashcam for my first Model S and was happy with it. When I bought the AP2 version, the Tesla dashcam had just been introduced, but as Tesla's dashcam improved over time I didn't make much use of the Topfit unit. The Topfit mounts on the front of the rear view mirror, and can't be seen once mounted. Here's a link to the Topfit on Amazon: Amazon.com

The things I liked about the Topfit vs. the Tesla dashcam:
  • Better video resolution
  • More than one hour of recording time (up to 32GB)
  • Records audio
I don't know how well the Topfit works at this point, so I don't want to sell it, but if you want to try it out and you're willing to pay for shipping, it's yours. It's in the factory box with all the original materials. I paid $250 for it.

Send me a private message if interested.

Reactions: SilverGS and fr100
I purchased the Topfit Dashcam AP2 for my 2018 Model S, which I no longer own. I owned the AP1 version of this dashcam for my first Model S and was happy with it. When I bought the AP2 version, the Tesla dashcam had just been introduced, but as Tesla's dashcam improved over time I didn't make much use of the Topfit unit. The Topfit mounts on the front of the rear view mirror, and can't be seen once mounted. Here's a link to the Topfit on Amazon: Amazon.com

The things I liked about the Topfit vs. the Tesla dashcam:
  • Better video resolution
  • More than one hour of recording time (up to 32GB)
  • Records audio
I don't know how well the Topfit works at this point, so I don't want to sell it, but if you want to try it out and you're willing to pay for shipping, it's yours. It's in the factory box with all the original materials. I paid $250 for it.

Send me a private message if interested.
My 2016 has AP3. Will this work with that? If so I'd take it. I tried to PM you but seems I cant

My 2016 has AP3. Will this work with that? If so I'd take it. I tried to PM you but seems I cant
It should be fine with AP2, AP2.5, or AP3. The 2018 S where the Topfit was installed had AP2.5 initially and was then upgraded to AP3. It's the design of the rear view mirror that matters.

I don't think you can PM until you've posted a certain amount of content in the forum, but I'll try to PM you.