Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Top Menu

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well here's something of an announcement... mind you the text is slowly scrolling by. Also it covers up part of the Tesla logo at left.

View attachment 19977
Thanks a bunch, Doug_G. I never would have noticed if not for these updates.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes but how to register? More puzzles? Invitation by VIN order?
Maybe a puzzle to figure that out. :rolleyes:

Indeed... but it is hard to commit without agenda, location, etc. Details needed!

TESLIVE - if you're listening, I echo Doug's comments. As it turns out, if rumor and innuendo has any vague relationship to reality, then I might be able to attend (event happening in Fremont'ish CA, early/mid July); and by driving my Roadster from Oregon to California. That'd be a treat!

Cept I don't know when this is happening, or if its happening, or if its happening in California, or well - any details that would be needed in order to reserve hotel rooms and make all the other travel plans that are part of planning a 3k mile EV road trip in a Roadster.

If the intention is to hold an event by private invitation, then just have the event by private invitation. From all the posting, it seems like a private invitation event isn't what's intended.

But maybe the intention is to hold an event where effectively only local owners are able to attend is intended. If a local owners event is intended, and this is in the Fremont area, then advertise to the folks living in and around Fremont and don't tempt the rest of us with something we'll only be able to attend if we can drop our existing schedule at the last moment.

And if the intention is to hold an event with owners from across the country, then get the information out so people can start scheduling vacation, reserving hotel accommodations, and so forth.

In my case, if I'm going to be there, I need to know when and where because I'm planning July travel and vacation now. If this is something I could have attended, but I miss it by a few days due to no information, that's going to be frustrating.

Thanks,
Asoka

PS. Of course, if the countdown is to the day when the event date will be announced, and you're really organizing an event for December, then 5 or 6 months of notice is wonderful, and I appreciate the nice heads up.

TESLIVE - if you're listening, I echo Doug's comments. As it turns out, if rumor and innuendo has any vague relationship to reality, then I might be able to attend (event happening in Fremont'ish CA, early/mid July); and by driving my Roadster from Oregon to California. That'd be a treat!

Cept I don't know when this is happening, or if its happening, or if its happening in California, or well - any details that would be needed in order to reserve hotel rooms and make all the other travel plans that are part of planning a 3k mile EV road trip in a Roadster.

If the intention is to hold an event by private invitation, then just have the event by private invitation. From all the posting, it seems like a private invitation event isn't what's intended.

But maybe the intention is to hold an event where effectively only local owners are able to attend is intended. If a local owners event is intended, and this is in the Fremont area, then advertise to the folks living in and around Fremont and don't tempt the rest of us with something we'll only be able to attend if we can drop our existing schedule at the last moment.

And if the intention is to hold an event with owners from across the country, then get the information out so people can start scheduling vacation, reserving hotel accommodations, and so forth.

In my case, if I'm going to be there, I need to know when and where because I'm planning July travel and vacation now. If this is something I could have attended, but I miss it by a few days due to no information, that's going to be frustrating.

Agree - why all the mystique?
The readers of this forum are not ones that need to be cajoled into attending a Tesla convention.
Why ask for representation from across the continent but limit to 300?
Since I'm local I don't mind the lack of details, but I am a little worried about being shut out.
Perhaps there's some formula that takes in reservation #, VIN #, TMC join date, TMC post count, and distance from Fremont to determine priority?
Or just quick reflexes on the registration form?

How do you know?

Because he's a secret agent?

Screen Shot 2013-04-15 at 8.45.54 PM.png

Top Menu changed
Now it reads:
The first annual TMC event
Be one of 300 special attendees
In partnership with Tesla Motors
Special guest
July 12,13,14
Book hotel through registration
Registration opens Friday noon PDT

- - - Updated - - -

Do we take it for what it says or is it more code?

Top Menu changed
Now it reads:
The first annual TMC event
Be one of 300 special attendees
In partnership with Tesla Motors
Special guest
July 12,13,14
Book hotel through registration
Registration opens Friday noon PDT

- - - Updated - - -

Do we take it for what it says or is it more code?

Dude. Have you not figured it out yet? It's pretty much too late if you haven't!

Just kidding ;)
It's probably just a regular sign-up deal on Friday.