Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

problem with "top" camera?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I am in or near garage, the left side of my screen shows the view from the top in which all objects are very fuzzy. When the view changes to "from the back" the objects are sharp and fine.
What should I do? If to check cameras, which ones are responsible for "view from the top"?
IMG_1255.jpg

There's nothing wrong with the cameras. This is just how the system sees objects. It's not designed for navigating in tightly enclosed spaces with many different objects all around. It's also showing a flat 2D representation of a 3D space, which there is no really good way to do. I believe the birds eye view image is created by merging what all the cameras see into the one image. The view from the back is more open since it's looking outside your garage so it does better in that direction.

You'll notice that they removed the distance indicators from the birds eye view. I think this is because since they removed USS and are relying only on the craptastic Tesla Vision to detect obstacles the system is much less accurate and people were hitting objects when the screen was telling them they still had 10" of clearance.

Reactions: Waltjo