Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Today's Roadster Orphan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2010 Roadster Sport
VIN:
#631 (US)
Missing Sport badging on rockers and rear deck but has legit Sport VIN and correct PEM cover...

My guess is that the PEM got swapped for a Sport PEM.
The VIN is NOT a Sport VIN.

5YJRE1A13A1000631
5YJRE1A1 - Motor type 1 or 3 (1=Tesla M6B base; 3 = Tesla M6S sport)

P631-5YJRE1A13A1000631-Monroney.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
How many red Roadsters were there in Anchorage?!
Interesting question! I believe TEG is correct in thinking there would only be one red Roadster in Alaska. However, there were two for a single day and that was the day we picked up our car from the dock in Anchorage after being repaired and repainted (red) in Seattle in October 2015. By pure chance the only other Alaska Roadster (also red) that was in Alaska was also at the dock and being shipped to Seattle. I missed a great photo op by not taking a picture of the two together. I believe the other Roadster, the one in the vid posted above was being sold to a buyer in the lower 48. The one in the video is definitely not ours, #1237.

2008 Tesla Roadster
VIN:
N/A
Mileage: N/A
Price: $18,000
Wrecked Jet Black 1.5 with salvage title up for sale in Walnut Creek,CA. "...battery is dead. has not been charged in 2+ years... left front suspension has been in crash. left front wheel is detached. Alum frame is damaged at left front area... left door is completely removed and taken apart..." Anyone have details on this car? Can it be saved?

00X0X_aJ5xFYbsa05_1200x900.jpg

2010 Roadster Sport
VIN:
#1097 (US)
Mileage: 15,270
Price: $89,900 USD
Jet Black 2.5 Sport for sale at Classic Cars of Sarasota (FL). Silver forged rims, Sport seats, hardtop + bag.

C64507B1-3A3E-40D0-865D-BD4140E6154B_17.jpg
Wait... if this for real?! Looks like #1097 was recently reduced to... $50K :eek: Can anyone confirm if this price is legit? It appears to be up for auction on Panjo with just a little over a day left!

"The car is in the owner's garage. She doesn't want to move it out of the garage.

"Backstory: (written by the community team at Panjo): An older couple owns this vehicle. One of the individuals in the couple was in an accident and can no longer drive. The car is literally sitting in the garage not getting used. The healthy spouse would love for the car to find a new loving home. This is a rare opportunity to get a Roadster at a great price and really help out a couple that is dealing with the stresses and realities of a debilitating accident.

"About the auction: The owner is seeking best offers. The price for the auction is the price for the car. If you need the car shipped, you pay for shipping. If the auction winner does not bid above the reserve, the owner reserves the right to cancel the auction."

Last edited:
  • Informative
Whoa... that sounds like a possible super deal to be had. But why is Panjo an auction (and currently at $54K) and yet they also have it on Craiglist for $50K ?

When someone wins the auction, can't they just go "I wan't the Craigslist price"? A bit confusing.

As with any sale, it would be good to check out the car before sending money...

Also, do we know anything about the battery health?

Looking up the VIN, it seems it was listed other ways recently:
https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/tesla/roadster/1900472.html
57315185-500-0.jpg

Tesla Roadster (2010) for sale
2.jpg

Like new 2010 Tesla Roadster Sport - all black

Last edited:
The Panjo description does state that the car belongs to an older couple so perhaps the C/L price was just an oversight as they try to bolster interest in the car. Checking the Panjo ad's activity history, it shows the car was originally posted "3 months ago", then dropped to $82,5K "a month ago," then dropped again to $75K "4 days ago", finally ending up with a 5-day auction which started "3 days ago" with an opening bid of $3 which quickly, and rightfully, climbed to $49.9K in the same day. I'd venture to say the reserve is set to $75K which is market correct.

Presumably, the couple had it consigned at Classic Cars of Sarasota for some time asking $89.9K and when the consignment period ended, decided to go at it alone. I feel terrible for them as it seems the sale is being made under duress to "help out a couple that is dealing with the stresses and realities of a debilitating accident." It also seems they're resigned to not drive it so, as of today, it sits in their garage and that's where it will stay until sold.

974a820d-5b9a-42d6-b766-1bec4c54d730.JPG

Reactions: DeedWest
Looks like the auction ended about three hours ago with a final bid of $61K. Anyone here bid on the car? Assuming the reserve was met and it actually sells for that price, it might just be one of the best deals ever for a 2.5 Sport. BTW, the seller, @Kuppyus, is a TMC member but hasn't been "seen" here in about year.