Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TMC Connect 2014 - Save the Date - July 18-20

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We expect the Friday reception to start about 6pm. Though registration and exhibits will open a little earlier. Saturday is pretty much all day. Sunday REFUEL is also pretty much all day, though you can come as you like. Last year the parade lap was at 3pm.

Thanks Doug...

I'll make the call on REFUEL once registration opens... Would love to participate full day, but my wife might not be so patient ;-)

Ha, Ha, I just checked the updated TMC connect website, and see that you advertise the "hot tub wisdom" thread as a selling point. I concur!

BTW, Doug, Thanks to you and your helpers for organizing this. I'm thanking you in advance of the event because I know there are lots of behind the scene volunteer hours that may not be recognized, and I know the community appreciates your dedication, and we are all looking forward to it. (tell you girlfriend to bring her bathing suit this year to join us in the hot tub)

:)

Ha, Ha, I just checked the updated TMC connect website, and see that you advertise the "hot tub wisdom" thread as a selling point. I concur!

BTW, Doug, Thanks to you and your helpers for organizing this. I'm thanking you in advance of the event because I know there are lots of behind the scene volunteer hours that may not be recognized, and I know the community appreciates your dedication, and we are all looking forward to it. (tell you girlfriend to bring her bathing suit this year to join us in the hot tub)

:)
Good times.

I can't stay at a hotel where they don't know how to set up a chess board. :)
ouch. funny
at least all the pwns are in the front:tongue:

when I was in LA for a D2 volleyball tournament that my sister was playing in, a waiter took our wine order for a red (Cabernet, I think) and then asked if we wanted a bucket of ice with it.
he got a bit of a schooling after that. funny, I haven't really played chess since junior highschool, had a friend that could play a couple of games at once while one of them was blind. fortunately, I think he dropped out of school

I am already registered. However, I cannot seem to find the schedule for the event. I will be making a road trip from Dallas,TX.

What time does the event begin on the 1st day?

Also, is there a detailed schedule of all the speakers and etc.?

I am already registered. However, I cannot seem to find the schedule for the event. I will be making a road trip from Dallas,TX.

doug said the other day that Friday will start around 6, Saturday is "all day". And no speaking schedule is available, yet...

Reception starts around 6pm on Friday. Hotel check in is at 4pm. It will be a while before we have a detailed schedule for Saturday. Some of our potential speakers have tight time constraints and we'll fill in around that. Expect, though, that we'll have general and breakout sessions, as well as lunch time topic table discussions. Which reminds me, I'd like folks to submit their suggestions for thread table topics. :)

I'm coming in on Thursday night - flying into SF and then renting a Tesla from Hertz (I had to give them my firstborn, and I will miss him, but I didn't want to drive a Ford Fusion to a Tesla event). I just reserved a Model X and asked about a tour while I am out in the neighborhood and and Tim form Tesla kindly informed me that he was sorry but there were no factory tours in July (because of 2nd line?). I'm sure Bonnie will be able to get the group a special tour, but in the event that doesn't happen - anyone up for a roadtrip down the PCH to the Atascadero SC? I have another year + to wait for the X, I could golf, but I want to drive. I had a daydream of about 50 Teslas cruising down the PCH all in a row. It would be quite a sight. The Atascadero SC is about 128 miles from Carmel down the PCH. If a bunch of people went, charging might be an issue, but there are smart kids here that could figure it out. Anyone want to take a drive on Friday morning?

I'm coming in on Thursday night - flying into SF and then renting a Tesla from Hertz (I had to give them my firstborn, and I will miss him, but I didn't want to drive a Ford Fusion to a Tesla event). I just reserved a Model X and asked about a tour while I am out in the neighborhood and and Tim form Tesla kindly informed me that he was sorry but there were no factory tours in July (because of 2nd line?). I'm sure Bonnie will be able to get the group a special tour, but in the event that doesn't happen - anyone up for a roadtrip down the PCH to the Atascadero SC? I have another year + to wait for the X, I could golf, but I want to drive. I had a daydream of about 50 Teslas cruising down the PCH all in a row. It would be quite a sight. The Atascadero SC is about 128 miles from Carmel down the PCH. If a bunch of people went, charging might be an issue, but there are smart kids here that could figure it out. Anyone want to take a drive on Friday morning?

Hi. I'm going to arrive in the Bay Area on Thursday afternoon and would be interested in going to take a trip on PCH to arrive in Monterey by checkin (4pm). I haven't decided where to stay and there is a small chance my friend will be home from work that weekend. In any case PM me and let's see if we can align for a Friday morning drive. Otherwise looking forward to meeting you.

With the GREATEST DISAPPOINTMENT I learned that there are no factory tours in July :( I missed the tour the last time I was in California and now I am driving almost 4000 miles in my MS and no tour !! Is there anybody in this group which has a good contact to Tesla to maybe get an exception for the TMC attendees ??