Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Timing: Tesla Trade In Quote to Delivery???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those who have submitted or entertaining the Tesla trade in route, how long after you received your offer did your truck/vin get assigned?

My assumption is that if they are reviewing trade ins, this queue of people may be close since the offer they sent is only good for 28 days.

Thoughts or real world data?

For those who have submitted or entertaining the Tesla trade in route, how long after you received your offer did your truck/vin get assigned?

My assumption is that if they are reviewing trade ins, this queue of people may be close since the offer they sent is only good for 28 days.

On my last Tesla it was about 40 days...then they changed the value. It varies. I've seen from about a week to bad cases like mine.

Reactions: vesder21

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I've had trade in offer expire twice because that's how early they sent it before my actual delivery date. Tesla has been known to send out trade-in valuations as soon as your information is processed, regardless of actual delivery date. People rather have a general estimate of value and have it change over time.
They will also ask you to verify with updated mileage as your trade-in offer expires.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I've had trade in offer expire twice because that's how early they sent it before my actual delivery date. Tesla has been known to send out trade-in valuations as soon as your information is processed, regardless of actual delivery date. People rather have a general estimate of value and have it change over time.
They will also ask you to verify with updated mileage as your trade-in offer expires.
Thanks for the input and have experienced the same with other models. However for this I was more curious about the CT and if there have been any recent VIN matches post trade in estimate???

I guess we all continue to wait!

I ordered on 12/30. Submitted trade info when instructed on 1/4. VIN assigned 2/1. Why it took so long - no one knows apparently "normal fluctuation in factory operations". New car is supposedly in transit, set to arrive next week.

In the meantime, my trade in offer expired 2 days ago. Resubmitted trade and New offer is $5k less!

New car price stayed same since order date for Stealth Grey and went up for other colors. Interest rates didn't move much. What gives?

Delivery team shrugged it off and pointed me to private party sale options if im not happy with the new offer..I'm still fuming...