Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

timing of a second purchase with Tesla - anything to be aware of?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mrklaw

Mar 5, 2020
Berkshire
I currently have a 2020 model 3 SR+ from Telsa, financed through them. I’m seriously considering selling it and buying a new SR with the slightly larger battery. if WBAC/Motorway come through with their estimates it’d be a roughly £0 cost to change.

But is there anything I need to consider with Tesla regarding timing? eg should I wait unitl the finance (Loan) is fully settled before ordering the new one, or can I order right now to reduce the wait time while I sell the car in parallel?

Does it make much difference in practice? Right now they’re saying March and previously they’ve been heavily supplied in the last month of a quarter so there will probably be inventory cars anyway?

Get a quote from Tesla as well.. they're quoting higher than WBAC at the moment for me.

There are lots of ways of organising the financing.. Tesla only care that they get their money before handover.. so it can be done quite late if there's a long lead time.