Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This Is The Model 3 Pre-Order Gift

Was this the pre-order gift you expected?

• Yes

Votes: 181 67.5%
  • No

Votes: 87 32.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is a really nice gift. I reserved late for a lot of reasons - a bit of a loan, but mostly to give the Tesla team a stretch goal for the tax incentive window. So I do not expect the print...

The print is a really nice gift.

First I heard of it but it makes sense: like you said: "I rather they spend money on car production and development than kissing customer ass like luxury brands otherwise do (Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini, to some extent Daimler, BMW, Audi, and GM (Cadillac) and Ford (Lincoln). Tesla customers understand they are valued because they are inherently smarter than the general population.". (We'll this wasn't said but it's what I understood).

Post below point in case everyone: this is how people who went to stand in line feel.

Quote: "Personally, I am happy that by kissing your ass they can encourage more intelligent purchases like yours, something the petroleum combustion engine industry is not doing, so pucker up" End quote!

The statement from a Tesla client who read his comment and was asked to opine:

My 2¢’s

Gentlemen, so few companies ever indicate that they give a damn about your contribution of hard earned cash, support or effort on behalf of the existence of their brand or the global ideal to change the norm from ordinary to extraordinary service! Tell me this, when did you last get a genuine thank you from any company for your faith in a product you have never experienced, sampled or tested?

So why not bask in being appreciated by a company genuinely attempting to show appreciation for your faith and supporting the Tesla brand? Is it not Elon’ stated ethos to change the world? So let him change it. I for one have never seen this much attention to their consumer by any manufacturer is support of their consumer clients in over 50 years in product launch analyses or journalism!

So please support Tesla, any effort to shake up the consumer industry or show appreciation to a client for their custom should be appreciated, this is a good thing nothing to criticize here, you are pioneers, it’s a new experience so revel in it and be grateful you are at the tip of the spear in changing the worlds atmosphere by your choice of transportation!

Gentlemen, In the final analyses we all benefit, we have only one space ship with enough mass to hold all the earths population’s on which we may survive the self-inflicted wounds we continue to inflict on our planet:

Space Ship Earth!

Ship Size: M = (5.9722±0.0006)×1024 kilograms

Logic to save it: Our species need clean air to survive!

Logic of Tesla: Without air there is no life, electric cars contribute to clean air!

We all occupy spaces wishing its atmosphere and we all need to breathe, your order of a Tesla indicated that you are intelligent enough to understand the correlation that destroying the planet with Carbon dioxide (chemical formula CO2) is in nobody’s interest.

All recipients of the Tesla gift should consider all intelligent sentient beings living on this "space-ship" planet thank you for your purchase and vote for a sustainable future! Therefore, you should accept the Tesla notification as a token and demonstration that they respect, value and appreciate your contribution for us all to live on a sustainable planet! That is what I believe the message Tesla sent to you personified in their small gift and token of appreciation, so chin-up pioneers!

Now lets consider our extra terrestrial activities off planet on our journey to Mars after we have saved our own planet "space-ship" earth!

Disclosure:
I am not yet a Tesla Shareholder or Owner.
I am however a supporter of sustainable transportation and Independent media.

Footnote:
I am however a supporter of sustainable transportation and Independent media, a reporter who interviewed Tesla customers braving extremities standing in line during inclement London weather waiting to place their order for Model III, should they not welcome or receive a letter of appreciation?

How nice it would be to have SHUD instead of side mirrors. The look of the X prototype at Hawthorne with camera stalks/stubs instead of side mirrors looked good, and made sense with such a wide vehicle in the first place.

That said, I would be surprised a) if said SHUD debuted w the Model 3 instead of the S/X, or if it was included at all with the Model 3 in the near term, and b) that we'll see SHUD as part of any model in the next 2 years - solely due to regulatory delays and the efforts necessary to satisfy regulators both here and abroad.

It will be nice to see a projected image upon each side window where the side mirror used to be.

The 15" horizontal MCU will almost certainly be integrated into the dash rather than sit atop it in some sort of detachable manner.

Curious to see what they do with the IC space. Maybe full HUD instead? Again, hard to see that in the 3 before the S/X, and there's just not that much time now. Again, in a few years, sure - but remember the earliest S cars didn't even have folding mirrors.

So, concept sketches indeed. I'll just be happy if the car drives straight and doesn't shred tires. Even though I have a reservation and expect to be among the first 3% after employees, am still not completely sold yet about the early Model 3 versus getting a CPO S for near the same money. In fact, I could GRV my car back to Tesla and buy it back as a CPO to get the new car warranty, except a) they wouldn't let me, b) that 25% margin would be a deal-killer, and c) my car will have too many miles to be accepted as a CPO, given that I'm at 53,000 miles in month 17 of ownership. Heh. Now, the *next* car after that will almost certainly be a Model 3, but that will be 5 years from now.

This is in line with my expectations. It's very tasteful and I'll have something tangible to look at while I wait.
Hopefully it cost under $10 to print and ship these, per person. I want most of my (and ours, collectively) reservation money to fund things like the Model 3 assembly line, Gigafactory, etc.

• Love
Reactions: Topher and Johan