Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Things to do while waiting for Elon's "something special for Roadster owners"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh no!!! I already used the clay on the wrap!!! I have 3M Venture Shield so I hope that I didn't screw it up! I didn't see any small print about not using it on the wrap:(

Bob's right, its mentioned in the 3M Venture Shield Warranty PDF under the "do nots":

Do NOT use any of the following directly on the film:
- Powder-based or abrasive cleaners
- Solvent-based degreasers
- Rubbing compound, clay, or other type
of abrasive material
- High-speed buffing or polishing equipment
- Bug/tar removers

http://www.epdcarcare.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/VentureShield_Warranty.pdf

Hopefully the fact that I sprayed a lot of speed shine before using the clay helped it not to harm the shield. Thanks for the information.

.................and that sir probably did save your bacon since the Speed Shine is one slippery solution and coats everything. I have found that if you use a towel to dry the car that has had Speed Shine or Car Wash on it, the water isn't absorbed well. Makes ya wonder.

Just spoke to 3M and they said that I was lucky using the Speed Shine and that I would have noticed something wrong with the film if it was damaged. They recommended using their Imperial Hand Glaze on the paint shield so I ordered that and also recommended their Synthetic Wax and Protectant to put over the glaze. WHEW!

My double-DIN upgrade and Parrot unit went in yesterday!!! Thanks to Covert Tuning Dynamics and Al & Ed's!!

PokerBroker, thanks for your info in my WTB thread. The double-DIN upgrade of my 2.0 is my priority. In the interim, I also got a new neighbor for my Roadster (it's my wife's car):

IMG_6304.jpg

I've ordered the leather trimmed handles last month, and Tesla is waiting for parts to come in, one part from Europe and the another one is backordered.
Also they noted that the "The trimmed handles are for 2010+ Model Year vehicles."

Can someone list the part numbers? And what colours might be available?

Found something beautiful yesterday, CF doorhandles from the Evora (matt or glossy). Ordered them today and will report if they fit.

Did those fit??