Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thin double-sided tape for aftermarket emblems and lettering

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking to get black badges (front and back logo and "dual motor") for my MY, but it seems that every one I came across (Amazon, Tesery, etc) is using a relatively thick double-sided tape which makes the badges and lettering "float," as opposed to the very thin tape used on the factory badges. I think they're using something like the tape linked below, which I'm sure works well enough, but it doesn't look nearly as clean, and gunk would get trapped over time.

I think the Abstract Ocean "Dual Motor" badge is using the thin tape based on their installation video, but unfortunately, they only have emblem caps and not standalone metal ones.

Does anybody know where I can get the super thing double-sided tape to use, or know for a fact where I can order badges that use the thing tape? Thanks!

I had the same question and went to a local PPF installer for the answer. Very nice guy and for no charge he covered the back of my logo with some 3M tape. Sorry, I don't know the part number.
Screenshot_20230410_173402_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: purge00