Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Vehicle that Convinced Me to Go Electric

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Thirteen20WRX

Goldmember Q. Wienerdog
Jan 13, 2024
Northwest FL
IMG_0848.jpeg

3kw peak, 2kw continuous, $1600 delivered. It’s a 60V battery. 35mph on flat hard pack with me (195lb) on it, a little faster with my 8 year old son. I bought it for him as an upgrade from his Burromax TT350r (which is also awesome). There’s apparently a $600 plug and play controller and motor upgrade that will give me 5kw continuous and about 45mph.

I’ve had it about 8 months; when I first got it, I couldn’t believe how hard it hit off the line. Easier to wheelie than my old GSXR-600 was. I was considering EVs and, dumb as it is, the quietness, responsiveness, reliability, and ease of use of a $1600 kids’ dirt bike sold me on the viability of electric transport. Not to mention we (aggressively) rode a combination of 20 road and single track miles this morning and it’s still sitting at ~50% battery.

Next up is a full size Zero FX for dad…

Last edited:
Don't get me started with that crap company. I never thought I'd go back to gas, but now I enjoy my BMW K1600GT. Zero is dead to me.
What happened? That’s the only thing that’s scaring me off…I hear horror stories but I also hear people that haven’t had any problems whatsoever. I wish one of the legacy companies or even Surron would make a street legal electric DS. I just can’t justify spending $9k+ for something I can’t even use on the street. And I need electric because I live on acreage surrounded by suburbs so I want to be able to bash in the back yard without pissing off the neighbors.

Reactions: evo9rs
If the EX-C was street legal it would be my pick in a heartbeat. I’m definitely more of an advanced street rider but a novice dirt rider so I feel like I probably won’t ride hard enough to break the Zero.

That Rivian is beautiful btw.
Awesome!

If you do any trail riding with hard hits the zero neck tube failures may be of concern.

Ultimately it was the main reason we went with the KTM Freeride EXC. The hot swappable batteries are nice too.

Last edited:
Reactions: evo9rs
I have an electric outboard, an e-scooter and an electric pedal assist bicycle.....the most surprising for me was my electric leaf blower, that little battery can shift a lot of leaves😀
Most of my lawn care equipment is Ryobi One+. When my Hustler zero turn conks out from the salt air I’m replacing it with the Ego.

How is the electric outboard? I’d love an electric boat but they’re an order of magnitude more expensive than the $15k used runabout I have.

If the EX-C was street legal it would be my pick in a heartbeat. I’m definitely more of an advanced street rider but a novice dirt rider so I feel like I probably won’t ride hard enough to break the Zero.

That Rivian is beautiful btw.
The EXC is pre wired for street accessories and only requires a small parts package, as they’re street legal in Europe.

There are a lot of reports on the zero stem issue, some street and others dirt. Seems cold welds/insufficient design from looking at the fail pictures.

Thanks @ R1S. I do not recommend anyone own one of their vehicles, either. Normalize owners of expensive toys being honest. ;)

Reactions: Thirteen20WRX
Most of my lawn care equipment is Ryobi One+. When my Hustler zero turn conks out from the salt air I’m replacing it with the Ego.

How is the electric outboard? I’d love an electric boat but they’re an order of magnitude more expensive than the $15k used runabout I have.
You are right, electric outboards are ridiculously expensive....but they are getting more and more popular...but mostly the 2 to 3 hp for dinghys. They are really good, no fuel spilling on deck and starts instantly and no maintenance (of course when they go wrong it becomes extremely expensive).
I would guess, that here in the French Mediterranean, that at anchor you would see about half the boats of around forty feet use electric outboards on their tenders.
The biggest advantage is easy storage on the mothership and easy to carry because they can be broken down into separate pieces....so very easy to carry from the boat to the dinghy on a rocking sea